Notices

AVOID LITHIA OF GRAND FORKS!!!

Old 06-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
silver09taco is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Civil Engineer
Name: Clayton
silver09taco's Tacoma Gallery
AVOID LITHIA OF GRAND FORKS!!!

Hi, all. Ive had my taco since 09. Have had zero problems with it until a couple weeks ago. The passenger side seat all of the sudden stopped latching for some reason. I take it in to be covered under warranty and the service "technician" starts feeding me a line of bullshit about how its broken because i pulled my carpet out (over a year and a half ago) and il have to pay for it. I refused and he quickly caved and said it would be warrantied (which seemed suspicious). He "fixed" the problem just enough so when i checked it out it seemed ok. 1 day later, seat broke again. I take it back in for repair and hear the same line of bullshit about the carpet and that they cant replace the rails without the approval of some guy in kansas city. Needless to say i called corporate and opened a case number. Corporate has no idea why he feels he has to call kansas city and is looking into it. If this doesnt get resolved to my liking then i have to say this will be my 1st and last toyota. Ive had better service from Jeep and Ford for much bigger repairs. All i hear is how awsome toyota customer service is. Not calling anybody a liar, but have yet to witness any sort of friendly service.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Go back. Tell them to fix the problem or you'll open a case with the NHTSA about the failure of the seat latch mechanism. I bet you won't have to wait long for a fix.

edit: here's the form to use.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
Thanks for the link. im giving them til the end of this week to replace my seat rails. If they dont, then il file a complaint with the NHTSA. It really shouldnt have to come down to calling corporate or threats of safety violations tho. Toyota should step up and fix this ASAP. Like i said FORD and JEEP have been better at warranty work than toyota has so far . Its a shame too, the wife really wants a new 4Runner. Dnt think that'll happen. THANKS AGAIN!
Old 06-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #4
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver09taco View Post
Hi, all. Ive had my taco since 09. Have had zero problems with it until a couple weeks ago. The passenger side seat all of the sudden stopped latching for some reason. I take it in to be covered under warranty and the service "technician" starts feeding me a line of bullshit about how its broken because i pulled my carpet out (over a year and a half ago) and il have to pay for it. I refused and he quickly caved and said it would be warrantied (which seemed suspicious). He "fixed" the problem just enough so when i checked it out it seemed ok. 1 day later, seat broke again. I take it back in for repair and hear the same line of bullshit about the carpet and that they cant replace the rails without the approval of some guy in kansas city. Needless to say i called corporate and opened a case number. Corporate has no idea why he feels he has to call kansas city and is looking into it. If this doesnt get resolved to my liking then i have to say this will be my 1st and last toyota. Ive had better service from Jeep and Ford for much bigger repairs. All i hear is how awsome toyota customer service is. Not calling anybody a liar, but have yet to witness any sort of friendly service.
Wow, seriously? You think every dealership (regardless of manufacturer) is peaches and cream to deal with? Try again.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #5
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Wow, seriously? You think every dealership (regardless of manufacturer) is peaches and cream to deal with? Try again.
^^This^^

Also, don't get me wrong, I'd be pissed too. But if you went in guns blazzing and angry then well.... you get more bees with honey then vinegar
Old 06-27-2011, 04:02 PM   #6
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If this doesnt get resolved to my liking then i have to say this will be my 1st and last toyota. Ive had better service from Jeep and Ford for much bigger repairs. All i hear is how awsome toyota customer service is. Not calling anybody a liar, but have yet to witness any sort of friendly service.

Bye. Enjoy your jeep.you like spending 2 days a month at the dealer??I don't care if they are nice or not.I think your being silly for 1 service at 1 dealer.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #7
Black07Taco is on a distinguished road
Black07Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Knee jerk reaction to give up on Toyota over this. I've had good experiences with two different Toyota dealerships and their service departments.
Either way, I'd rather have a Toyota than a Jeep or Ford regardless of which dealership service department is easier to work with.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #8
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
Bye. Enjoy your jeep.you like spending 2 days a month at the dealer??I don't care if they are nice or not.I think your being silly for 1 service at 1 dealer.
I only see the dealer for oil changes.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:10 PM   #9
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
I only see the dealer for oil changes.
Lol give it time with that poopy motor. the good thing you could get a used motor cheap since so many people do hemi swaps. Btw I love the 4door wrangler
Old 06-28-2011, 04:28 AM   #10
I def didnt go in guns blazing. i very politely told them the problem and got shafted in return. I cant get days off at a time to deal with a simple problem such as a seat latch. Im not completely blaming toyota for this yet. It could be the dealership. How corporate handles this could completely redeem the company. Im just saying its really sad when Jeep has shown up mighty toyota in customer service so far. I loved my jeep but will be the first to admit their build quality is sketchy at best. REGARDLESS, warranties shouldnt be this hard to use. Considering i paid over 30k for the truck.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:12 AM   #11
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
In the last 20 years, and over 400k miles with Toyota trucks, also owning Dodge minivans, Vans, pickup, and now a Jeep Sahara in addition to the Tacoma, I have spent the least amount of time in the Toyota service waiting room.

The 96 Conversion Dodge Ram Van had a hard to pin down water leak soaking the carpet on the right side, the 94 Plymouth Voyager ate a transmission at 47k miles, the 07 Dodge Ram1500 wasn't driveable in the rain before new shocks, and wasn't driveable in the snow until after new tires. The 08 Jeep bought new in 09 has spent many a day at the dealer, the biggest issues was a locked steering issue, 6 speed popping out of gear and a failed TPMS sensor.

My 94 Toy Pickup NEVER went in during the 217k miles I owned it, and my 11 access cab hasn't been back.

One bad dealer or tech does not describe an entire company.

Howard
Old 06-28-2011, 07:30 AM   #12
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hetkind View Post
One bad dealer or tech does not describe an entire company.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #13
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I def didnt go in guns blazing. i very politely told them the problem and got shafted in return. I cant get days off at a time to deal with a simple problem such as a seat latch. Im not completely blaming toyota for this yet. It could be the dealership. How corporate handles this could completely redeem the company. Im just saying its really sad when Jeep has shown up mighty toyota in customer service so far. I loved my jeep but will be the first to admit their build quality is sketchy at best. REGARDLESS, warranties shouldnt be this hard to use. Considering i paid over 30k for the truck.
You're somewhat new here post-wise(I'm not saying I'm not either). Your experience is NOT the norm. If you search around here enough, you'll find that if a case has to be opened with Toyota Corpo, the issue is wayy more often than not resolved in favor of the customer. As others have already said - knee jerk reaction is flip out, but your experience with a single dealership does NOT translate to gospel to the rest of Toyota or the quality of the rest of the Taco's out there. Chalk it up to a bad experience (which can and does happen everwhere) and move on and enjoy your truck.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:44 AM   #15
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Dealerships are independantly owned and operated. Service quality differs from shop to shop, but is generally good. There are a few bad apples. Haven't you noticed that a Burger King(for example) in one neighborhood is of a different quality than another?

Your header sums it up. Avoid that dealership, report them to the better business bureau, and find another dealership!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #16
"One bad dealer or tech does not describe an entire company"

Toyota corporate called today and said they will most likely not cover the seat bracket (a 50$ part). I dnt know why they r making such a fuss about this seat bracket, but whatever. They lost all future business from me. I can only imagine the pain it is to have something large replaced (trans, axle, fan..etc) Id rather never find out. Even my dad who has bought 6 vehicles from toyota is extremely disapointed and will prob never purchase another one because of the decline in customer service. Im reporting this piss poor service to the BBB and will be going back to Jeeps (go ahead make jokes) when the time comes for a new vehicle.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #17
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
"One bad dealer or tech does not describe an entire company"

Toyota corporate called today and said they will most likely not cover the seat bracket (a 50$ part). I dnt know why they r making such a fuss about this seat bracket, but whatever. They lost all future business from me. I can only imagine the pain it is to have something large replaced (trans, axle, fan..etc) Id rather never find out. Even my dad who has bought 6 vehicles from toyota is extremely disapointed and will prob never purchase another one because of the decline in customer service. Im reporting this piss poor service to the BBB and will be going back to Jeeps (go ahead make jokes) when the time comes for a new vehicle.
Bitching about a $50 part on a 2 year old vehicle, that's sad.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:26 PM   #18
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If you want a REAL E ticket vehicle, Get a Dodge. You'll beg Toyota to allow you to buy a vehicle after 3 months....
Old 06-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #19
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
OP, try again and express the overriding safety concern you have... A seat that will not stay locked in an accident is useless to a passenger and guarantees injury/death. I think they'll come around.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:18 AM   #20
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Bitching about a $50 part on a 2 year old vehicle, that's sad.
lol, x2