1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Possible traction control issues.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Umrunner, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Jun 28, 2011 at 11:09 AM
    Umrunner

Umrunner [OP] Caltanian

Member:
    Around.
    Vehicle:
    '11 DC OR Timberland Mica. 6 speed.
    Leer 100xr with adventure package, duratrack's, weathertech's, demello sliders, billie 5100's all around, URD short shifter, Diff breather mod. Hiese lightbar. Grillcraft grill. PIAA 520 severere weather driving lights. Other random stuff as well.
    So every now and again, pulling away from a light, not using full throttle, or anything like that, the tires chirp, and such. Something that seems a little odd to me, given im not wooding it trying to make them do that.
    Now i have had the TSB done for the rear leafs, and have installed 5100's all around, running the front at .85
    Would this be enough change to need me to get the settings re-calibrated, or should it not be an issue, and im just not used to the jump in power? (came from a many year old 4runner)
    Thanks.

2. Jun 28, 2011 at 11:27 AM
    Umrunner

Umrunner [OP] Caltanian

Member:
    Around.
    Vehicle:
    '11 DC OR Timberland Mica. 6 speed.
    Leer 100xr with adventure package, duratrack's, weathertech's, demello sliders, billie 5100's all around, URD short shifter, Diff breather mod. Hiese lightbar. Grillcraft grill. PIAA 520 severere weather driving lights. Other random stuff as well.
    Eh. don't think its the paint, but could be.. Not much left to be on at the streets its happened at. I'll keep an eye on that however.

3. Jun 28, 2011 at 11:53 AM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    I dropped my tire pressures down for the summer since I'm not commuting as much. Fronts at 32, backs at 30. I noticed I have a lot more squeal from my tires on take-off and in corners than when I was running them at 36 and 34.

Products Discussed in

To Top