1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB or Aftermarket????

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 06uncsam, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Jun 29, 2011 at 8:14 AM
    06uncsam

06uncsam [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    isaac
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Double Cab
    Hey guys i have a 2006 double cab and i am sick and tired of the hitting bumps in the road and bottoming out. I don't qualify for the TSB so i was wondering if i should have Toyota order the parts and i put them on myself or should i go with aftermarket add a leaf? i am also thinking about upgrading to the 5100 bilstein shocks all the way around. i am guessing i should wait on the shocks till i figure out what i wanna do with the leaf's. Thanks for reading and i look forward to hearing form you guys!!!!!!

2. Jun 29, 2011 at 8:18 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Toyota will absolutely rape you with the parts. If you're considering buying new from Toyota, I'd look at an aftermarket replacement leaf pack instead. You can get something much cheaper that will last a lot longer and don't necessarily have to buy a leaf pack that lifts the rear. Check out Alcan's website, they can make you a set of springs to your specifications or try a local spring shop. Another option may be air bags or Timbren bump stops (basically aftermarket bump stops that are made to support weight and don't bottom out harshly like the solid rubber ones). An AAL will provide some support temporarily but is most likely just a band aid to get you buy for now.

3. Jun 30, 2011 at 4:42 AM
    06uncsam

06uncsam [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    isaac
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Double Cab
    Yea you are right they want 1500 for a 4 leaf pack and u bolts. I am looking at a 3" lift from toytec. it comes with the new dakar leaf pack and bilstein 5100's all the way around and new froint coils. That will run me 1289 (plus shiping). Has anyone used this particular lift? Any reviews? I have heard nothing but good things about Bilstein's. Thanks!!!

4. Jun 30, 2011 at 4:46 AM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I've heard nothing but good things about the Dakars. The only bad thing I've heard about the Bilsteins is they tend to stiffen up over time (that being said, I have them and no complaints so far). Have you thought about the OME kit from Toytec with the Dakar leaf pack? It'd come with OME coils and Nitrocharger shocks all around.

5. Jun 30, 2011 at 6:55 AM
    06uncsam

06uncsam [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    isaac
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Double Cab
    I just ordered the dakar leaf packs from TRD parts 4 u and i paid 428 with shipping. I will keep you updated on what i thinkof them. I am deployed right now so i won't be back in the states till early september. Hopefully once i get back i will finish the lift and get the rims and tires i want. Thanks for the input man i appreciate it.

6. Jun 30, 2011 at 6:56 AM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Thanks for your service, come back safe!

Good luck with the new pack!

Products Discussed in

To Top