Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

4x4 OME Prior to Purchase Question

Old 07-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
NoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud of

Army: S-3 Operations
Name: Michael
NoDrAmA357HK's Tacoma Gallery
4x4 OME Prior to Purchase Question

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

I want to order from the above link however its asking about add ons:

I have a 2011 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport

What combination is the best? I'm looking for a ride quality that doesn't rattle my teeth when I drive across the occasional not smooth road..

- 884, 885, 886
- Top Spacer? Yes or No (Does adding the 886 make it 3" lift automatically?) it didn't specify for 886 for use of spacer?
- Add A Leaf or Complete OME CS047R Springs and U bolts
- 4x4 Diff Drop Yes
- Add rear stone guards? Yes or No

I originally was looking at pro comp but too many yes and no.....From what I've read and searched no real negative feedback?
Old 07-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I went with the 885's , no top spacer and Dakars

I got 2 1/2" up front and 2 3/4" out back

I installed the OME driver's side trim packer and OME CB drop

I did not install the diff drop

I also added LR UCA's

The ride is great

Don't get the 886's unless you plan on adding an aftermarket steel bumper and winch

Old 07-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
what kind of cab/bed you working with? I got an access cab with the I4, so I went with the 884's

I went ahead and got the top spacer, though I don't plan to use it unless I see I want to in the future. I got the stone guard cause I thought, "what the heck? why not?" I also got a diff drop, and a driveshaft carrier bearing drop to keep the angles as close to factory as possible.

I'll let you know how it works out Monday when I get it all on
Old 07-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #4
Stanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud of

Stanley's Tacoma Gallery
love my OME kit. just got it on. no top plate otherwise you will need new UCA's and the 886's are made for if you have 400lbs of bumper and winch, otherwise it will ride terrible. i went with the 885's. i went with an add leaf just cause i cant afford the dakars right now but if you have the money id highly recommend them. and if you have the money id get the new uca's right off the bat.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #5
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
oh, and I just went with add a leafs cause I got the I4 and I only do light-medium hauling and towing. that big leaf pack would not be used at all.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:13 PM   #6
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
I got 885's, no top spacer and wheelers offroad 1.5" 3-leaf progressive AAL. I sold the dakars that that came with my kit because I had no intentions of really using them for hauling.

I got 2 1/2" up front and 1.5" out back

I installed the OME driver's side trim packer

My CV angles were okay, so I did not install the diff drop.

I didn't install the CB drop either. I might have a very slight shudder at take off, so I'll look into putting my CB drop on.

I didn't put UCAs on initially and my alignment specs were junk. I've since ordered a set of LR UCA's. There's a GB going on right now for these UCAs that is a pretty decent price.

The ride is great

Like OZ said, Don't get the 886's unless you plan on adding weight to the front.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:15 PM   #7
yeah after reading tons of shit on this site I already decided to get new ucas. I'm getting in on that group buy too, save me enough cash to get some beer to lure a friend into helping me put em on :
Old 07-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #8
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
If you go with the LR UCAs call Chris at SPC tech support and he can give you some pointers on setting them up (not that it is really that difficult). Nce guy and really helpful. The thread below covers some of the issues. The OP actually got a set of jacked up intstructions which caused all sort of problems when it came to the adjustment process.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post3280989
Old 07-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #9
NoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud of

Army: S-3 Operations
Name: Michael
NoDrAmA357HK's Tacoma Gallery
Appreciate the great recommendations and advice......

I have a Double Cab....Decisions Decisions Decisions....Road Armor, ARB, Relentless Bumpers O MY lol.................

I guess I will be going with:

885's, AAL, Diff Drop, UCA's (add spacer to get full 3" lift), and Rock Guards just because.....?
Old 07-02-2011, 11:42 AM   #11
swissrallyman is on a distinguished road

swissrallyman's Tacoma Gallery
If you are getting a bumper even without a winch go with 886's. I have a DC with the ARB bumper (160 punds -ish), no winch, no sway bar and the ride is perfect. Initially I got 3.25 inches of lift, it has now settled at 3 inches.