Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

===>BUMPERS<=== - 2nd Gens Only

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #841
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post
Ok, I am one to admit when I was wrong. This was one of those times. I installed the bumper and winch today and sure enough found that I do in fact need to drill a hole in the frame. Since I still have to wire up the winch I will be drilling those 2 holes next week. Otherwise I absolutely love this bruteforce hybrid.
Nice color keyed daystar d-ring quiet thingamajigs. It's always the little touches that count
Old 09-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #842
Proyota will become famous soon enoughProyota will become famous soon enough

Name: Brad
Proyota's Tacoma Gallery
Test Fitting the All Pro Off-Road Apex Front Bumper

Old 09-29-2013, 09:20 AM   #843
YESSAHBUD...heyut
mainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ol' Waltah
mainewoodsballer's Tacoma Gallery
they need to make more rear bumpers that work with the towing package....at least a bumper that looks decent. Road Armor is junk.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #844
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Looks like Kennesaw mountain/TAG is taking on another name

yep good eye.
What's that their 3rd in 5 years

They must have a couple hundred complaints spread out across all kinds of forums if you check.

The welds on mine started cracking 2 years ago. Ended up adding more mounting points/gussets to it. I know one other guy with their rear bumper and his had a bad crack as well.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:24 AM   #846
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: HARRISON
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
It's not hard to brace the bumper to your liking if you really like it.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #847
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesurf2611 View Post

All Pro Front Bumper Coated with Line-X
10,500 Recon Synthetic Rope Winch
RI Fog Lights
How are you liking the recon winch, i have used mine quite a few times, and i love it. Only issue i have had is it heats quickly but not really any worse than other winches i have used. And the line speed is great!

Also the synthetic line is not very durable (compared to steel) but i LOVE it, so much safer and easier to work with. and you dont even need gloves for your hands.. Deffinately worth the extra moneys (even though it comes "free" on the recon)
Old 10-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #848
Gaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
Gaunt596's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh.meier View Post
It's not hard to brace the bumper to your liking if you really like it.
hmm, that is true, i dont need super strength either, just dont want the thing to fall apart, and i can paint it myself...
Old 10-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #849
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: HARRISON
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
I painted mine myself as well its not difficult.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #850
eyesurf2611 is a splendid one to beholdeyesurf2611 is a splendid one to beholdeyesurf2611 is a splendid one to beholdeyesurf2611 is a splendid one to beholdeyesurf2611 is a splendid one to beholdeyesurf2611 is a splendid one to beholdeyesurf2611 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Todd
eyesurf2611's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konvict KROG View Post
How are you liking the recon winch, i have used mine quite a few times, and i love it. Only issue i have had is it heats quickly but not really any worse than other winches i have used. And the line speed is great!

Also the synthetic line is not very durable (compared to steel) but i LOVE it, so much safer and easier to work with. and you dont even need gloves for your hands.. Deffinately worth the extra moneys (even though it comes "free" on the recon)
The winch is awesome. I have used it plenty in a years time. It heats up like any other winch and yes the line speed is great! Also the synthetic rope is awesome. I also have the 17,500 Recon winch on my super duty with the steel cable, not as fun to use but strong as heck.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:03 AM   #852
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunt596 View Post
Aww man, I know that if this is TAG with another name the quality is shit, but damn I like the styling and options though.....

Edit: think it might be worth the trouble to order it then fix whatever is wrong when it shows up? I know that their customer service sucks but they are the only ones that have the style of bumper I want.... Opinions/Options?

Not sure how your going to fix shitty welds, crappy customer service, and bullshit lead times besides buying from a reputable fab shop.

Give it a shot and let us all know how it works out for you.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:42 AM   #853
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by curly678 View Post
Check out Blue lake off road In Dunwoody ga They got Some pretty decent prices on their off road bumpers.

www.bluelakeoffroad.com
Say what? http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...ml#post6579357
Old 10-06-2013, 12:57 AM   #854
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post

I find this info from their site funny

"All welds are ground and finished to give a professional, high quality appearance. Made with the highest quality standards by experienced craftsman using the latest technologies. Our bumpers are 100% made in the USA with by American craftsman and materials! "

First off the welds on my bumper were shit and not ground. They just poorly slapped a ton of bondo over them which caused them to rust immediately from underneath the paint.

Secondly American materials my ass. Maybe they don't think any of their customers will ever strip the bumper to the bare metal, but my steel was clearly stamped "CANADA".
Old 10-06-2013, 02:17 AM   #855
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proyota View Post

Very nice!
Old 10-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #856
Gaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
Gaunt596's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Not sure how your going to fix shitty welds, crappy customer service, and bullshit lead times besides buying from a reputable fab shop.

Give it a shot and let us all know how it works out for you.
Yeah, it's a damn shame though, I really like the bumper, I'm just not sure dealing with all the bs will be worth it
Old 10-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #857
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesurf2611 View Post

All Pro Front Bumper Coated with Line-X
10,500 Recon Synthetic Rope Winch
RI Fog Lights
Pics o fall the undercarriage lighting?
Old 10-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #858
MattB77 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
MattB77's Tacoma Gallery
Who's running the body armor front bumper? really like the look of it. Originally I wanted the road armor but fawk there spendy. the body armor is pretty similar looking for a fraction of the price.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #859
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB77 View Post
Who's running the body armor front bumper? really like the look of it. Originally I wanted the road armor but fawk there spendy. the body armor is pretty similar looking for a fraction of the price.
Body Armor operates under 4 Wheel Parts brand. Their product do NOT have the quality other companies do (such as the ones on here). Also there was a member who bought the Body Armor front bumper and it had major fitting issues.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #860
roguetrader is on a distinguished road
roguetrader's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB77 View Post
I have the Body Armor Front and rear on my truck; They are decent looking and better than plastic but not for serious off-roading. Mostly if you just want the look and may go out playing around once and while. Since most of the time mine is for show I went with it.

I only had a slight twist from the front mounting point to the drivers wheel weel; fixed it with 2 fender washers between the mount plate and the bumper. Easy fix on mine. and for the ~$800 I paid (front and rear).... I'll rework it, get exactly what I want and still have saved money.

Products Discussed in this Thread