Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anyone put a PT-3300BT in their Tacoma?

Old 07-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
ZZBlueComet is just really niceZZBlueComet is just really niceZZBlueComet is just really niceZZBlueComet is just really niceZZBlueComet is just really nice

Name: John
ZZBlueComet's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone put a PT-3300BT in their Tacoma?

Just purchased it tonight and ordered the goods to install it - any opinons on this unit, good/bad etc?

The stock unit was killing me, thought I'd last 6 months and it's coming out within a month!

woops, Pioneer P3300BT
Old 07-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Night's Tacoma Gallery
i am buying the same unit i heard it was a great unit. still wondering if i can use the same satelite xm radio reciever thats stock
Old 07-02-2011, 10:48 PM   #3
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
I've only ever purchased Pioneers so I don't have a lot of first hand experience with other brands, but that's because I've never had a need to stray from Pioneer. I'm currently running the Pioneer AVIC-D3 with the iPod adapter. Ever since getting satellite radio, however, I rarely use the iPod. If that unit has a port for a wired remote and your truck has the steering wheel controls, I highly recommend purchasing the PAC SWI-PS so that you can control your aftermarket head unit using your factory controls.

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-SWI-PS-Ste.../dp/B000AXW7SA
Old 07-03-2011, 08:43 AM   #4
MAPLENUTS is on a distinguished road
Name: STEVEN
MAPLENUTS's Tacoma Gallery
It is a great unit, as some of my friends have it.
You will definitely have a great unit, Pioneer that offers so many features for the price. Also if you buy from Crutchfield, you get the the ipod kit for free.

I just received the BT3300 and Crutchfield recommended the Axxess ASWC (steering wheel control kit) since it makes the install tremendously easier since the wiring harness they provide is the same manufacturer. Two techs there told me to avoid the PAC, something having to do with resistors and manual programming. I went with their recommendation after speaking to local installers, although I will do the install myself.

Also don't forget the emergency brake bypass relay so your passengers can watch while you drive. You can find on eBay for $10-$15.
3300BT does actually require the relay. It won't play simply by grounding.

Have fun.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:04 PM   #5
ZZBlueComet is just really niceZZBlueComet is just really niceZZBlueComet is just really niceZZBlueComet is just really niceZZBlueComet is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
I've only ever purchased Pioneers so I don't have a lot of first hand experience with other brands, but that's because I've never had a need to stray from Pioneer. I'm currently running the Pioneer AVIC-D3 with the iPod adapter. Ever since getting satellite radio, however, I rarely use the iPod. If that unit has a port for a wired remote and your truck has the steering wheel controls, I highly recommend purchasing the PAC SWI-PS so that you can control your aftermarket head unit using your factory controls.

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-SWI-PS-Ste.../dp/B000AXW7SA
Is that 1977 in your sig pic one you've owned? Neat pic - my 2011 looks alot like your 08, I'm partial to the white. thanks for the info.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:07 PM   #6
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Night's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have to get a new reciever in the truck for satalite radio if you already have it from factory?
Old 07-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night View Post
Do you have to get a new reciever in the truck for satalite radio if you already have it from factory?
If you're stock is setup for Satellite, you be able to use your receiver with your new unit.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #8
msc219 is on a distinguished road
msc219's Tacoma Gallery
For owners of the P3300BT - have you found the front USB/aux inputs to be an issue with the cables getting in the way? I have an iPhone(3GS), and I'm trying to determine the best setup. I might buy a separate phone holder to keep it a little organized.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:12 PM   #9
flying08taco is on a distinguished road
flying08taco's Tacoma Gallery
I lay my phone in the pocket in front of the shifter or next to the shifter (I have the 6 speed manual). At first I thought it would get in the way but its not too bad. I will second skipping the PAC converter for your steering wheel controls. I did the install myself and its a complicated setup with soldering resistors and about 12 steps of button pushing in the right sequence to program it correctly. Such a pain. Get the other converter.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:51 PM   #10
sook is on a distinguished road

sook's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the 4300BT and it's a nice unit. definitely do the relay bypass, you can pick one up at auto zone for a few bucks. The how to is on YouTube. I would advise you order the unit from crutchfield. They have stellar customer service.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:48 AM   #11
cjcbama is on a distinguished road
cjcbama's Tacoma Gallery
Question about 3300bt and ASWC Installation

Hey Guys, I've got the Pioneer 3300bt and the ASWC adapter that I am trying to get working. I am at the part where you hook the 3.5 plug from the ASWC into the back of the 3300bt. Where the heck do I insert that plug?? The only 2 places that it fits into is labeled W/R and Rear Audio Out...