Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Headunit kiv-bt900 kenwood

Old 07-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #1
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
New Headunit kiv-bt900 kenwood

got this new headunit the other day it is awesome especially over stock
got bluetooth mic in the mail cause it was open box and i got a really good deal

Old 07-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #2
pcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of light
pcledrew's Tacoma Gallery
Which brand name of dash kit is this? I am going to order a single din deck soon and would really like a kit with that size of opening. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #3
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcledrew View Post
Which brand name of dash kit is this? I am going to order a single din deck soon and would really like a kit with that size of opening. Thanks.
That's a Scosche single din kit. They come in silver and black, but not textured.

The Metra kit comes in silver and textured, not sure about smooth or black.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #5
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks Ryan. Any idea what the part number is ?
No clue.

I found a used one on eBay for $8 shipped one time though.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:11 PM   #6
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
i really dont like this dash kit the trim piece that is around the headunit does not stay very well and doesnt fit perfectly flush
Old 07-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #7
TacomaTno is just really niceTacomaTno is just really niceTacomaTno is just really niceTacomaTno is just really nice
Name: Tino
TacomaTno's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I got the exact model on clearance/open box at a Best Buy! Got a killer deal on it, but I still haven' installed it yet. Did you replace your stock speakers too? I want to replace my speakers, but I'm still trying to decide on what brand to go with. I scored a Kicker ZX3504 amp for $119.99 at the same store on clearance too.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaTno View Post
Hey I got the exact model on clearance/open box at a Best Buy! Got a killer deal on it, but I still haven' installed it yet. Did you replace your stock speakers too? I want to replace my speakers, but I'm still trying to decide on what brand to go with. I scored a Kicker ZX3504 amp for $119.99 at the same store on clearance too.
i got mine for like 129.99 i was really happy about that and no speakers are stock but they sound much better
Old 07-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #9
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyeatlanta View Post
i really dont like this dash kit the trim piece that is around the headunit does not stay very well and doesnt fit perfectly flush
I've had both, neither one fit like a glove.

One trick I learned was to pop the top in place, then the bottom. It appeared to sit a little more flush.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:17 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
I've had both, neither one fit like a glove.

One trick I learned was to pop the top in place, then the bottom. It appeared to sit a little more flush.
alright thanks ill try that and if that doesnt work im pulling out the dremel