1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Unichip

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by brandonlamb25, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Oct 14, 2008 at 8:58 PM
    brandonlamb25

brandonlamb25 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    08 Crewcab Prerunner V6
    K&N Intake, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Ipod to Factory radio hookup kit, Black Low Pro Toolbox, Toytec Coilovers and 285/75r16 BFG MT's
    Ok, this goes out to all those that know more that I. I got an 08 DC V6 Prerunner that I just lifted with 285/75/r16's. I got a K&N CAI and a Borla Exhaust. I've always heard that "chips" aren't good for the cpu and motor. That they basically "overclock" the engine or run it too lean. My basic thought is now that I've modified my intake and exhaust can I get more out of them with tweaking some setting in the ECU? That basically what this product does. It fools the Ecu without ever rewriting the factory settings. It's plug n play and can be remove and the ECU sees it's stock settings again. I just wanna know if it's safe. It'll increase my HP a ton but that's not why I'm interested in it. I would love to see a small increase in my MPG with the ability to get the most out of my intake and exhaust. I know I'm really reaching here with wanting more MPG's but just wanted to run it past you guys. FYI, I run 89 grade gas and check it on a full tank and got 17.3 MPG if that helps. Thanks for your time.

2. Oct 14, 2008 at 9:03 PM
    roxspin72

roxspin72 Enjoying my addiction

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    Good luck on increasing MPG w/a claimed HP mod. Your driving habits alone will defeat that purpose due to the fact you will increase foot to gas pedal connection to enjoy your gains, LOL...

As far as CPU mods, check out URD MAF Calibrator. Other than that I'd say exagerated claims of HP increases that no Taco Owner has yet to prove...

:cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top