Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Unichip

Old 10-14-2008, 08:58 PM   #1
brandonlamb25 will become famous soon enough
brandonlamb25's Tacoma Gallery
Unichip

Ok, this goes out to all those that know more that I. I got an 08 DC V6 Prerunner that I just lifted with 285/75/r16's. I got a K&N CAI and a Borla Exhaust. I've always heard that "chips" aren't good for the cpu and motor. That they basically "overclock" the engine or run it too lean. My basic thought is now that I've modified my intake and exhaust can I get more out of them with tweaking some setting in the ECU? That basically what this product does. It fools the Ecu without ever rewriting the factory settings. It's plug n play and can be remove and the ECU sees it's stock settings again. I just wanna know if it's safe. It'll increase my HP a ton but that's not why I'm interested in it. I would love to see a small increase in my MPG with the ability to get the most out of my intake and exhaust. I know I'm really reaching here with wanting more MPG's but just wanted to run it past you guys. FYI, I run 89 grade gas and check it on a full tank and got 17.3 MPG if that helps. Thanks for your time.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:03 PM   #2
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Good luck on increasing MPG w/a claimed HP mod. Your driving habits alone will defeat that purpose due to the fact you will increase foot to gas pedal connection to enjoy your gains, LOL...

As far as CPU mods, check out URD MAF Calibrator. Other than that I'd say exagerated claims of HP increases that no Taco Owner has yet to prove...