Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

how do you securely mount a flag pole to the bed of your truck?

Old 07-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #1
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
how do you securely mount a flag pole to the bed of your truck?

without making any permanent modifications. i want to put a flag up for the 4th. (:
Old 07-03-2011, 06:15 PM   #2
Canadian Bacon
spares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shed

spares's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #3
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
I hope you dont plan on running a full-sized flag while driving down the highway, those things create an incredible amount of drag and would likely break off any mount or pole if you go fast enough. For a slow parade through the neighborhood i'm sure it would be fine

How big is the flag and pole? Maybe sticking it through the rear winder and lodging it in the cab? It would be at an angle though...
Old 07-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #4
usnwarrior1 is on a distinguished road
Navy: MA1 (EXW)
Name: Ben
usnwarrior1's Tacoma Gallery
I also was wondering how to do this set up. I did see at Off Road Warehouse they have different set ups for the dessert. I have not tried any yet, but I am sure I will soon if no one has a better idea.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #5
Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I saw one that goes in the recceiver hitch on an ad recently, but can't remember where.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #6
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zul View Post
I hope you dont plan on running a full-sized flag while driving down the highway, those things create an incredible amount of drag and would likely break off any mount or pole if you go fast enough. For a slow parade through the neighborhood i'm sure it would be fine

How big is the flag and pole? Maybe sticking it through the rear winder and lodging it in the cab? It would be at an angle though...
ahah well i think it will see some freeway driving. cause i want to hit up the shooting range tomorrow. i bought bullets instead of fireworks. the flag is a 3'x5'ish? i was thinking 5'-6' 3/4"-1" metal electrical conduit pole.

i've seen my co-worker do it with a full sized LAKERS flag but he strapped a 5 gallon bucket down to his bed, put a piece of 1-1/2" abs and surrounded it with cement. then put the flag pole into that.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #7
iowa530 will become famous soon enoughiowa530 will become famous soon enough
iowa530's Tacoma Gallery

Try one of these.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #8
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeestirg View Post
ahah well i think it will see some freeway driving. cause i want to hit up the shooting range tomorrow.
That's also probably very illegal.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #9
toyoda will become famous soon enough
toyoda's Tacoma Gallery
Get a CB antenna mount, one of the ones that mounts to a rig's windows (90 degree bend in it). Then go to Home Depot and get a 3' threaded rod, and four nuts to screw on it. Or six. Tighten the antenna mount onto one of the rail system's tiedowns. I'll post a picture of mine to better explain it.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:51 AM   #10
toyoda will become famous soon enough
toyoda's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post3066222
Old 07-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-pole-bed.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-back-bed.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ler-hitch.html
Old 07-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #12
whitetacoma89 has a spectacular aura aboutwhitetacoma89 has a spectacular aura about

whitetacoma89's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed
Old 07-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #13
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B Infantryman (Vet.)
Name: chris
PnoyBOS5's Tacoma Gallery
CVC Pipe,550 Cord and interlock your bed rails to the Pipe, Good to go! I hit speeds of 75 mph and the flag was just ripping off a bit.
Attached Thumbnails
how do you securely mount a flag pole to the bed of your truck?-tacoma-usa-flag.jpg  
Old 07-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #14
ManofSteel1 is on a distinguished road
ManofSteel1's Tacoma Gallery
I dunno but I hope you don't plan on flying a confederate flag. There's some guy that lives in my town that flies one on his old Ram pickup. You lost move on, get over it.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #15
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97PinoyTacoma View Post
CVC Pipe,550 Cord and interlock your bed rails to the Pipe, Good to go! I hit speeds of 75 mph and the flag was just ripping off a bit.
looks good
Old 07-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #16
platt7762 is on a distinguished road
Name: Casey
platt7762's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97PinoyTacoma View Post
Hey man, do you care to take a picture of how you had that mounted up? It looks great, like to do it on my truck