Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Very High Mileage 2nd Gen

Old 10-15-2008, 11:40 AM   #1
Lane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the rough
Lane Cypert's Tacoma Gallery
Very High Mileage 2nd Gen

Check out this extremely high mileage 2nd Generation tacoma with over 200K miles. It's in great shape and I haven't seen a 2nd generation with this many miles.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...=p4506.c0.m245
Old 10-15-2008, 11:42 AM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
That's a lot of miles in just over 3 years.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:45 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
damn....they drove to hell and half of georgia a few times in that tacoma!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 11:45 AM   #4
Doomsday Squad
Swwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the rough

Swwacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Swwacoma
Cool that its running, but I'd be hard pressed to pay $15k for anything with that many miles.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:45 AM   #5
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
That's a lot of miles in just over 3 years.
And it seems kinda pointless to have put the coil overs and UCA's on there... with that kinda mileage, it has to have spent 99.99% of it's time on the highway.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:49 AM   #7
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
That's a hella-clean looking truck to have that many miles, but I've seen 60k mile trucks going for $15k. No way he gets what he's asking.

I drive very little (about 6.5k miles/year). To get my truck from where it is to 200k miles will take me 27+ years!
Old 10-15-2008, 11:52 AM   #8
papabear050 will become famous soon enough
papabear050's Tacoma Gallery
well at least we know our trucks will run till over 200k hahahhaha

Especially the Silver ones.... which I happen to own....... 200K here I come... then sell it for $15K.......lmao
Old 10-15-2008, 12:15 PM   #9
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
saw that beast on ebay a few days ago. couldnt believe my eyes when i saw the 203,000 miles on it. hey, saw a very clean looking low mileage salvaged 2nd gen Tacoma on there last night that didnt have any visible frame damage and most of the parts needed were included with the auction, it was at only $7000
Old 10-15-2008, 12:17 PM   #10
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
here if anyone's interested:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...mZ160290817240
Old 10-15-2008, 12:17 PM   #11
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
that Tacoma is cleaner than mine
Old 10-15-2008, 04:05 PM   #12
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder if he'd trade for a 450k Camry
Old 10-15-2008, 06:05 PM   #13
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I used to work for IBM as a field tech and I used to average about 35k a year and I thought that was alot of miles. It took me 5 years to hit roughly 180k on my 98 Taco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
that Tacoma is cleaner than mine
Yeah whats up with that.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:17 PM   #14
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
I have done almost that much myself in other vehicles. My taco has almost 6k in 6 weeks. When I am working I drive about 1000 to 1200 a week. I just hope that my taco holds up as well as his appears to have treated him.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:29 PM   #15
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i had 33k in about 20 months on the 07 and the last year of it, my round trip commute to work was about 15 miles
Old 10-15-2008, 06:48 PM   #16
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
dagum. somebody must have gone to mexico about once or twice a month
Old 10-15-2008, 08:51 PM   #17
Banned
nocarsallowed can only hope to improve
nocarsallowed's Tacoma Gallery
looks can be deceiving. what matters is what is held up under the body. I bet after driving that truck another 15,000 mi or so something goes bad.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:56 PM   #18
Banned
nocarsallowed can only hope to improve
nocarsallowed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
My brother would love to work on this salvage. I showed him the link and he's interested
Old 10-16-2008, 12:08 AM   #19
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
My 05 has 97,000

Mostly from trips, towing my boat to different lakes. I even delivered pizza in it when I first got it. Now an 80 mile RT commute for work 4 days a week.

I still get people stopping me asking about my truck. When I tell them it is an 05, they are amazed.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:49 AM   #20
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
15.5k for 200,000 miles!!!!!

Gimme some of that shit he's smoking.