1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Jack adequate after lift?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by horwitzs, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Jul 5, 2011 at 8:45 AM
    horwitzs

horwitzs [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Dayton, WA
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro
    Supercharger, OME lift w/ LR UCAs, running boards, toolbox, extinguisher mount, skidplate, N-Fab light bar, 40" R.I. LED bar, WO seat covers, TRD intake, Weathertech mats and visors, stubby antenna, hood struts, LED interior lighting, Hella Supertones, and other stuff I'm forgetting.
    All I could find searching was high-lift jack info.
    If your prowess is better than mine, feel free to flame me but please post a link to the thread if you don't mind :)

After lifting the truck about 3" can the stock jack still get a front or rear tire clear of the ground for changing?
    I realize the stock jack is probably a piece of shit anyway, but I don't plan on always carrying around my high-lift or a floor jack.
    Thanks.

2. Jul 5, 2011 at 8:46 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Yes. The OEM Jack works fine.

3. Jul 5, 2011 at 10:02 AM
    hillbillynwv

hillbillynwv Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fairmont, WV
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma 6MT TRD Pro
    Falken Wildpeak MT 285's
    Carry a piece of a 4X4 with you to put under the jack. My stock jack was not tall enough after bigger tires and a slight lift.

4. Jul 5, 2011 at 10:04 AM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    ^^^ pretty much what i was thinking. just keep a foot long 2x8 or two in your truck. or mount it to the base of the jack.

5. Jul 5, 2011 at 10:08 AM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    Yeah, just store a block of wood somewhere in your truck if the OEM jack can't reach.

6. Jul 5, 2011 at 10:10 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Get a scrap of LVL

7. Jul 5, 2011 at 10:12 AM
    ShawnH72

ShawnH72 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 Toyota Tacoma
    2.5" spacer lift in front & 2" blocks for the rear, Nitto Terra Grappler's (275 65R/18) & Moto Metal 951 wheels, TRD exhaust, AFE Stage 2 cold-air intake, Nifty Catch-All Xtreme floor mats, bug shield, window visors, Smittybilt 3-piece billet grill, black N-Fab steps, Sickspeed black billiard style shift knob, black leather shift boot with light gray double stitching, maglight mod on both sides, tailgate lock mod, debadged tailgate (except for Tacoma), black shorty antenna, DashMat black dash cover, Kenwood stereo.
    You can also get the Hi-Lift jack stand, which works nearly perfect with the stock jack. Only problem is it will run you about $35.00, but it's great if the ground is muddy or soft.

8. Jul 5, 2011 at 1:33 PM
    horwitzs

horwitzs [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Dayton, WA
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro
    Supercharger, OME lift w/ LR UCAs, running boards, toolbox, extinguisher mount, skidplate, N-Fab light bar, 40" R.I. LED bar, WO seat covers, TRD intake, Weathertech mats and visors, stubby antenna, hood struts, LED interior lighting, Hella Supertones, and other stuff I'm forgetting.
    Thanks for the tips guys.
    I have a toolbox in the back so I'll make sure I've got a block of wood or something.
    I've also got a little shovel so I can build up under the jack or dig under the tire if needed.

Products Discussed in

To Top