Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Am I dumb for selling my lifted Taco for a stock one and Ducati?

Old 07-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
Baddest Taco in Marin
Tomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud of

Coast Guard: Boatswainsmate
Name: Thomas
Tomasb1339's Tacoma Gallery
Am I dumb for selling my lifted Taco for a stock one and Ducati?

Fellow Tacoma brothers,

I have just recently got this wild hair up my ass and I'm thinking about doing the what I thought was unthinkable. Selling my Tacoma!!!!!!! I know I know! I'm thinking that I could put my truck up for sale for some ridiculous price and see if some rich guy wants it. I want a Ducati Monster and a stock Tacoma. Stupid Idea?
Old 07-05-2011, 06:38 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I wouldn't but I'm not a fan of owning a street bike in CA.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasb1339 View Post
Fellow Tacoma brothers,

I have just recently got this wild hair up my ass and I'm thinking about doing the what I thought was unthinkable. Selling my Tacoma!!!!!!! I know I know! I'm thinking that I could put my truck up for sale for some ridiculous price and see if some rich guy wants it. I want a Ducati Monster and a stock Tacoma. Stupid Idea?
No not stupid. Stupid would be the guy to pay a rediculous price
Old 07-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
Baddest Taco in Marin
Tomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud of

Coast Guard: Boatswainsmate
Name: Thomas
Tomasb1339's Tacoma Gallery
haha Im sure a few stupid rich guys are around the bay area
Old 07-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #5
jackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jack
jackrules's Tacoma Gallery
eh, i'd rather have a dirt bike than a street bike.. Taco's are so abundant that I doubt you'll get that "rich guy buyer"
Old 07-05-2011, 06:42 PM   #6
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Why not just save the money and buy the bike outright?
Old 07-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #7
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not a fan of the monster.now if it was for the Ben bostrom edition I'd say HELL YEAH
Old 07-05-2011, 08:37 PM   #8
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
good luck. personally, i would pay about the same for a modded truck and a bone stock one. in my experience, you never get back the "investment" of modifications. in some circles, they hurt resale.

isnt a monster more of a girl's bike?
Old 07-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #9
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
good luck. personally, i would pay about the same for a modded truck and a bone stock one. in my experience, you never get back the "investment" of modifications. in some circles, they hurt resale.

isnt a monster more of a girl's bike?
I would pay less for a modded truck than a stock one...
Old 07-05-2011, 08:53 PM   #10
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
i'd rock a monster.....but i currently rokk a cbr1000rr7 powerful as fuck it's amazing.

keep the truck you got run it to the ground.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #11
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Dream on my friend.

You ever notice those nice rides that always have the "for sale" sign painted on with pretty script? That's because they never sell.

Rich dudes in Marin are rich for a reason - they don't make stupid financial decisions.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #12
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
A wise man once said "have what you want - but, want what you have."
Old 07-05-2011, 10:27 PM   #13
black cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
black cx's Tacoma Gallery
just save up for one
Old 07-05-2011, 10:34 PM   #14
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
I would pay less for a modded truck than a stock one...
Thats what I did
Old 07-06-2011, 07:35 AM   #15
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Perhaps
Old 07-06-2011, 07:40 AM   #16
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Keep the truck, save for the bike. Make sure you factor in the high(er) cost of ownership that comes with Ducati vs. some other brands.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:42 AM   #17
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Put your truck back to stock, sell all your mods and put a down payment on a bike.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:47 AM   #18
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a Ducatisti also so I understand your desire.
Just remember that a cycle is a toy but the truck is more of a real need, so don't sacrifice too much to get it.
On the other hand, it's always fun to get a new stock vehicle to start new mods and projects on.
And no, a monster is not a girls bike... well, maybe the 620 is
Old 07-06-2011, 07:53 AM   #19
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEX View Post
Put your truck back to stock, sell all your mods and put a down payment on a bike.

^^this

you won't get your money back on the mods on the truck, but you could part out the mods and find some cheap stock parts and use the difference toward the bike

i'd get a triumph daytona 675 or a harley nightster
Old 07-06-2011, 08:00 AM   #20
Does this look like spit to you?
Large Farva will become famous soon enough

Name: Who's Barry Badrinath?
Large Farva's Tacoma Gallery
Do whatever you want as long as you don't have to use credit to do it. Pay cash my friend... On a side note, I agree with the above posters. Just save up and buy it (assuming your truck is payed off).