1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Armor, suspension, and other mods

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by zolkabir, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Jul 6, 2011 at 1:47 PM
    zolkabir

zolkabir [OP] Member

Member:
    African Bush
    Vehicle:
    '05 Crew Cab TRD Off Road
    Hi all. I am a new Tacoma owner and immediate fan. I just bought a 2005 crew cab with TRD off road package. I love it and wouldn't need to change a thing, except now I live in Africa in a super crowded city right next to the super rough bush (that means jungle). When I'm in the city the drivers are hands down the worst I've ever seen, and that is saying something. When I leave the town there are really no roads to speak of.

Anyway, all that to say, I need to make some modifications. I'm thinking of getting a plate bumper and solid sliders so when, not if, I have to use them, the other guy will wish he had taken a driver training course. The 2 brands that look the best to me so far for bumpers are CBI and ARB. I looked at All-Pro, but the modular bumper scared me away. My question to anyone who will answer is, "which one?"

I expect that I'll have to change out my suspension too, because of the weight of either one, but if not I'd like to know. I only have stock everything right now.

If you guys can offer me some advice with the bumper I'd appreciate it. I'll ask later about the sliders, rear bumper, winch, suspension, tires, etc. I expect that either I'll have to do a total overhaul, or I'll just hold my breath and hope she makes it until I get 'er back to the states. Thing is, I just assume I'll end up having to replace all that stuff while I'm here anyway, so I might as well do it before I need it. Also, things take forever to get out here.

Thanks in advance.

2. Jul 6, 2011 at 1:56 PM
    theduck911

theduck911 Max's Canadian Twin

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Northwestern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Locked and Geared!
  3. Jul 6, 2011 at 2:02 PM
    2008taco

2008taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    san diego
    ^^ nuff said

4. Jul 6, 2011 at 2:07 PM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

THExBUSxDRIVER Victory is reserved...

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    He made an awesome thread. But click the banner in my sig. BruteForce makes an awesome bumper and stock fogs are compatible with it so you won't have to go buy new ones. Beefy as heck and Billy is an awesome dude who's been fabbing off road armor since I was about 11 yrs old lol. Good pricing too.

5. Jul 8, 2011 at 10:50 PM
    zolkabir

zolkabir [OP] Member

Member:
    African Bush
    Vehicle:
    That thread is awesome. Thanks for the reference. I think I may go with either the Relentless or the Brute Force.

6. Jul 8, 2011 at 11:11 PM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Please post pics of you and your Taco in the Jungle!

7. Jul 30, 2011 at 8:48 AM
    zolkabir

zolkabir [OP] Member

Member:
    African Bush
    Vehicle:
    I'll be posting a lot of pics when I start my build page, but I'll try to get one on here sooner than that.

It's going to take a while to get parts out here, so my build page probably won't be up for a while.

Products Discussed in

To Top