Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Armor, suspension, and other mods

Old 07-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
zolkabir is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Fed
zolkabir's Tacoma Gallery
Armor, suspension, and other mods

Hi all. I am a new Tacoma owner and immediate fan. I just bought a 2005 crew cab with TRD off road package. I love it and wouldn't need to change a thing, except now I live in Africa in a super crowded city right next to the super rough bush (that means jungle). When I'm in the city the drivers are hands down the worst I've ever seen, and that is saying something. When I leave the town there are really no roads to speak of.

Anyway, all that to say, I need to make some modifications. I'm thinking of getting a plate bumper and solid sliders so when, not if, I have to use them, the other guy will wish he had taken a driver training course. The 2 brands that look the best to me so far for bumpers are CBI and ARB. I looked at All-Pro, but the modular bumper scared me away. My question to anyone who will answer is, "which one?"

I expect that I'll have to change out my suspension too, because of the weight of either one, but if not I'd like to know. I only have stock everything right now.

If you guys can offer me some advice with the bumper I'd appreciate it. I'll ask later about the sliders, rear bumper, winch, suspension, tires, etc. I expect that either I'll have to do a total overhaul, or I'll just hold my breath and hope she makes it until I get 'er back to the states. Thing is, I just assume I'll end up having to replace all that stuff while I'm here anyway, so I might as well do it before I need it. Also, things take forever to get out here.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Refer here for bumpers...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...gens-only.html
Old 07-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
^^ nuff said
Old 07-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #4
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
He made an awesome thread. But click the banner in my sig. BruteForce makes an awesome bumper and stock fogs are compatible with it so you won't have to go buy new ones. Beefy as heck and Billy is an awesome dude who's been fabbing off road armor since I was about 11 yrs old lol. Good pricing too.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:50 PM   #5

Thanks

That thread is awesome. Thanks for the reference. I think I may go with either the Relentless or the Brute Force.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:11 PM   #6
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Please post pics of you and your Taco in the Jungle!
Old 07-30-2011, 08:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Please post pics of you and your Taco in the Jungle!
I'll be posting a lot of pics when I start my build page, but I'll try to get one on here sooner than that.

It's going to take a while to get parts out here, so my build page probably won't be up for a while.