LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Calif. Tacos:Are CAIs not street Legal?

Old 08-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #41
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillers_Rule View Post
So I've browsed this thread and did some minor searching. But, my Tacoma is due for it's first smog check this year. I have a drop in K&N filter. Will this be a problem when getting it smogged? It's been a while since I've had a smog check done and I'm not sure, do they do a visual and inspect the filter? No stickers or anything else that would make it look aftermarket without actually looking at the filter. And I'd guess tail pipe emissions wouldn't be much more either, but wanted to verify from anyone who has smogged their V6's with the drop in K&N!

Thanks!
If it's just a filter, you should have no problem. The only way they could tell is to take parts off to look at it, which they won't do. It's usually only the CAIs that fail. The CAIs fail the visual inspection portion of the check if they don't have a CARB sticker on them.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #42
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
there isnt much in CA that is allowed to be put on your vehicle other than stock replacement parts with out it being illegal. Its more a question of will you get caught and what cna you get away with unfortunately
Old 10-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #43
Tillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Former Seargent
Name: Jeff
Tillers_Rule's Tacoma Gallery
Had the smog check today, 0.0's across the board (11 on NO, with a max allowable of 508), with the K&N drop in

Products Discussed in this Thread