Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

bilstein 5150

Old 07-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
ironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud of

Name: Jonathan
ironman_jon's Tacoma Gallery
bilstein 5150

so to start off i have searched the forums, but i have a question regarding bilstein 5150 shocks. will i be ok with 14 inch shocks or are they to long....i found a pair on craigslist that were going to go on a tacoma but never did, guy wants 160 for them.
Attached Thumbnails
bilstein 5150-3mb3p83l95w35u25s2b74c6eb11654be21934.jpg  
Old 07-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, Jonathan.
I saw these as well, but you still need a adaptor to run these in the rear which will add another half inch or so.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
searched a bit and if your stock in the rear, 10" 5150 is whats recommended. So these 14" will be too long.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
ironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud of

I kinda thought they would be to long. I'll just have to save up to get the icon resi. My donahoes just arrived at DSM and are being torn apart to be rebuilt.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #5
Chewie is my Co-pilot

YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
ah, so you bought the one that came up about a month ago for $300?
Old 07-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #6

im always late on seeing these things...ill keep my eye out for it... are you in yuma right now
Old 07-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #7
Chewie is my Co-pilot

YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Im in Yuma for the rest of the month. I think he sold it within a couple day since the ad didnt last long
Old 07-07-2011, 02:32 PM   #8

cool cool... maybe ill see you around on day...thakes for the advice on the shocks
Old 07-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #9
Chewie is my Co-pilot

YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
No problem, We could always set up a night run through Picacho st. Park. Its too hot for day wheeling.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:21 PM   #10

for sure...im waiting on my donahoes and uca and relocation brackets to come back from DSM then maybe we can work something out.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:59 PM   #11
Chewie is my Co-pilot

YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
That should be a nice setup once its running.