Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed mat

Old 07-09-2011, 06:40 AM   #1
magnum922 is on a distinguished road

magnum922's Tacoma Gallery
Bed mat

Thinking about getting a bed mat. Is there any other brand that are better than oem? Can you slide boxes on the bed mats or do they stick to the rubber? Can you roll up the bed mat when not needed?
Old 07-09-2011, 06:48 AM   #2
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
You could always plasti-dip it.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:59 AM   #3
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
OEM without a doubt. I did not have a mat in my '06 (I always said that I'll get one soon) ..... and regretted it everytime I placed something in the bed.

Bought the '10 and within a week got the mat.

As stated above ... go to the dealer .... he said $117 and I said that he buys it for $84. The look on his face was priceless (well, actually it wasn't priceless ... it was $33) ... he turned his screen and sure enough $84 ..... that is what I paid out the door.

As far as rolling up ..... it could be but as said before it will not be too tight ... it'll unroll itself if not tied back I suppose.

Give it some thought ... you'll pull the trigger.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:34 AM   #4
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up one from Summit auto parts for right around $50. Really is a nice upgrade to the bed of the truck. So far no problems and it has been installed for over 2 years.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:06 AM   #5
buddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 2nd Bomb Wing
buddywh1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum922 View Post
Thinking about getting a bed mat. Is there any other brand that are better than oem? Can you slide boxes on the bed mats or do they stick to the rubber? Can you roll up the bed mat when not needed?
Like someone else said, better is relative. The OEM mat has one thing that's irreplaceable: the big Toyota logo on it. So it's the best there is if that's important to you.

I was totally unimpressed with that, I just wanted something to keep things from sliding around in back (like landscape rock and bricks) and protect the composite bed from scratches. I got some 3/8" stall mat from Tractor Supply. Had to trim to fit but works terrific. $4.50 a foot so about 25 bucks out the door for my 5 foot bed..

No logo's, just performance and cheap. To me, that's better!
Old 07-09-2011, 08:29 AM   #6
Eurosport has a spectacular aura aboutEurosport has a spectacular aura about
Eurosport's Tacoma Gallery
fit and finish, quality, thickness, design, all taken into account, OEM won.
i could care less about any wording on it, what i do know it works and it's durable.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:30 AM   #7
AstroMike is on a distinguished road
AstroMike's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't want to spend the $85 - $100 for a made-to fit mat. Spent $35 for a 4' X 6' recycled rubber welcome mat from Lowe's. It just had to be trimmed around the wheel wells. I wasn't too concerned about looks as it is hidden under the tonneau 95% of the time.

Might not work for you, though, as I don't think you could slide boxes across it. I got it to prevent things from sliding.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:35 AM   #8
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
I picked up one from Summit auto parts for right around $50. Really is a nice upgrade to the bed of the truck. So far no problems and it has been installed for over 2 years.
i agree, i love mine. i compared mine from summit racing to my buddys toyota oem bed mat, i see no difference really other than his has the fancy design on it. mine is for the 6ft bed, but has outlines on it for where you need to cut for the 5ft bed. if i ever bought another tacoma, without hesitation, i would buy another bed mat from summit.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:41 AM   #9
Thermonuclear Protection
478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

478DblSport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
I did the same as 95SLE and am very pleased with it. The mat's pretty sticky which keeps things from sliding around but with a little effort I slide suitcases, tents, folding chairs, etc under my tonneau cover and they stay in place while traveling. Here's a link to my product review for the DeeZee mat if you're not familiar with it.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...ee-bedmat.html
Old 07-09-2011, 08:44 AM   #10
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 478DblSport View Post
I did the same as 95SLE and am very pleased with it. The mat's pretty sticky which keeps things from sliding around but with a little effort I slide suitcases, tents, folding chairs, etc under my tonneau cover and they stay in place while traveling. Here's a link to my product review for the DeeZee mat if you're not familiar with it.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...ee-bedmat.html
ive been trying to figure out who made my mat.. i think i just found out who it was. it looks identical. so i can vouch for DeeZee, i love it
Old 07-09-2011, 09:43 AM   #11
CountryDoc is on a distinguished road
Army: Bullet Counter
CountryDoc's Tacoma Gallery
I have the OEM mat and am glad I got it.
You can slide boxes but every once in a awhile an edge will catch and move the mat and even bunch up some. Still beats having stuff slide around.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #12
shoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to behold
shoebag22's Tacoma Gallery
i bought the deezee from summit and the thing is lumpy as crap. I have had it for over two weeks and it still is not even close to laying flat... is that normal?
Old 10-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #13
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post

go to the dealer and ask for a good guy discount..........It amazes me how many people never ask for discounts.
What is the "good guy" discount? Is this a real thing or is this just a way to ask for a discount or what?
Old 10-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #15
jsutter has a spectacular aura aboutjsutter has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jim
jsutter's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a direct fit one from Summit Racing (they are about 5 miles away from me) for about $50. I believe it is made by DeeZee. I did not see any line to cut it for a short bed, and I am pretty sure they asked my my bed length before they brought it out. It is pretty heavy duty. I looked at the Toyota one my manager has in his truck and other than the logo stuff on his I see no difference in material, thickness, texture, etc.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #16
shoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to behold
shoebag22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebag22 View Post
i bought the deezee from summit and the thing is lumpy as crap. I have had it for over two weeks and it still is not even close to laying flat... is that normal?
bump
Old 10-06-2011, 07:33 PM   #17
jsutter has a spectacular aura aboutjsutter has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jim
jsutter's Tacoma Gallery
No, take it back.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:29 PM   #18
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
The mat makes a big difference, especially if you like to just throw it in the back and go. Things do not slide around like they would if you did not have a mat. I can not see this bed without one...
Old 10-07-2011, 12:54 AM   #19
scotch is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
scotch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebag22 View Post
I have a deezee mat and its flat, so thats not normal...
Old 10-07-2011, 05:52 AM   #20
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 4x4 sheet of rubber rolled up in the bed of my truck if I need something to stay put. It's only 1/8" thick, but I found it in my garage, and it does the job very well. I roll it up and out of the way whenever I'm not using it because I like to be able to slide lumber or tools to the back of the bed.