1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gas gauge switch?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Taco D, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Jul 10, 2011 at 1:39 AM
    elytravis

elytravis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Always changing...but there is no place like home.
    Vehicle:
    2012 Nautical Blue DCLB TRD Sport
    Black tube steps, Skid plate, Bilstein 6112's front and 5160's rear, Bakflip F1 folding cover, EGR raingaurds, All weather floor mats, AFE pro dry filter, BFG 265 70 R 17 KO2's.
    Here is a picture of the Mod that might work for you.
    [​IMG]

2. Jul 10, 2011 at 9:55 AM
    fvtalon

fvtalon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern BC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD/Yamaha
    285/65/18 BFG ATs on MKWs Leer Cap
    In high school I had a 2+2 with dinky little backseats so it was "sure, I'll drive, but someone will have to sit in the back" and then we usually took something else, haha.

I know it sucks making conflict with your friends but you need to do it. If you track your mileage you will know what the truck uses per mile, then you can calculate dollars per mile and just tell them. "Dude, it costs me $5 to run you home everyday, I can't afford it." or whatever. Don't forget the cost of the vehicle itself, plus maintenance, tires, oil, insurance etc.

Either way if they have any kind of respect for you they will start to help you out and if they don't and they stop hanging out with you well, newsflash, they weren't friends at all. They were just taking advantage of you for free rides. Owning and maintaining a vehicle isn't cheap and your friends need to understand that.

3. Jul 10, 2011 at 9:58 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    X200000

4. Jul 10, 2011 at 10:12 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    X2

What most kids don't seem to realize is that these "friends" once you get out of HS, most will not be around anymore. I tell my step-daughter this all the time. You think you will be friends and hang out forever, but you move on with your life and so do they, so don't put too much emphasis on making them happy. Ask yourself this, would they do the same for you? Don't get me wrong, I hope you do keep your true friends but it's just not that realistic. I do keep up with some of my old friends thanks to Facebook, but it's not like we hang out anymore or anything.

5. Jul 10, 2011 at 10:34 AM
    worthywads

worthywads Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Boulder
    Vehicle:
    05 5-lug access I4 Stick, 70 Challenger Vert

Products Discussed in

To Top