Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Truck Camping Photo Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #461
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
can a 1st gen hang out here too?

I love it!

As someone else said, get this professionally printed and hang it in the living room!
Old 07-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #462
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbay View Post
That's a spectacular shot!. I would print that very large and hang it somewhere nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
I love it!

As someone else said, get this professionally printed and hang it in the living room!
thanks guys - one of my favorite shots of my truck to date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
OK, fine...
Old 07-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #464
SpruceFisher12
SpruceMica12 is on a distinguished road
SpruceMica12's Tacoma Gallery

Old 07-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #465
Nmwill is on a distinguished road

Name: William
Nmwill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked 2007 View Post
I absolutely love this setup!!! Some ?'s is this doable with a access cab! I have a atc shell on as well 2nd does the weight hurt the roof at all? 3rd how roomy is the tent? 4th what are the benefits of this over a regular tent.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #466
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
Nice setup! I've been scanning my local Costco for that gas fire pit ever since you first posted it, but no luck. I finally did locate it just a few days ago at a local ranch supply store so at least I finally found it.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #467
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
here is a couple of diff places that I like to go to.. truck gets us there.. but we have to hike in a small 1/4 mi trail to get to most of these spots.

Untitled by beavis0076, on Flickr

view from the fire pit.

and packed up the truck to head out..

Old 07-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #469
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
I hate you every time you post your truck.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #470
O-------l
Del Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Del Scorcho's Tacoma Gallery
Truck Camping Photo Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1373949004.337921.jpg

Heading out..

I was too busy camping my ass off and forgot to take more.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #471
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Tim
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
Traded in the tent for a teardrop and I love it. Have only been out in it once so far - but this weekend and several more this summer will get some time in the trailer and miles on the truck!! It is color matched to the truck and engineered to be an off road trailer and eventually will have the same wheels/tires as the truck.

I never imagined how much difference this little trailer could make -- I really do love it!!
Attached Thumbnails
Truck Camping Photo Thread-photo11.jpg   Truck Camping Photo Thread-img_7459.jpg   Truck Camping Photo Thread-photo2.jpg  
Old 07-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #472
Maibatsu Monstrosity
Jaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of light
Name: James
Jaime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetDep View Post
Traded in the tent for a teardrop and I love it. Have only been out in it once so far - but this weekend and several more this summer will get some time in the trailer and miles on the truck!! It is color matched to the truck and engineered to be an off road trailer and eventually will have the same wheels/tires as the truck.

I never imagined how much difference this little trailer could make -- I really do love it!!
Very nice! Who makes that teardrop?
Old 07-16-2013, 11:33 PM   #473
O-------l
Del Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Del Scorcho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetDep View Post

You know, I've had my eye on something like that for a while. But when you get down to it. If I'm going to tow something, I wanna be able to shower and poop in it. I guess you could do that in yours... But it would really make a mess.

The bed does look nice, and I like the rack up top too.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:20 AM   #474
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Tim
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
Very nice! Who makes that teardrop?
It is a Little Guy (www.golittleguy.com) combination of the RoughRider and SilverShadow -- pretty much a SilverShadow cabin on a RoughRider frame.

Thanks for the kind words!! I really am loving it!!

(and yes -- what a mess!!! -- it is a tradeoff -- just something to sleep/cook in as opposed to something larger -- but mission first!!)....

;-)
Old 07-17-2013, 06:52 AM   #475
jsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 6th Motor Transport Battalion
Name: Jeff
jsmarine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Scorcho View Post
Attachment 223363

Heading out..

I was too busy camping my ass off and forgot to take more.
Pics of that red Willys Jeepster I spy in the garage please!
Old 07-17-2013, 06:57 AM   #476
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd8bao View Post

First Camper
--------------------------------------------------

I've got the same camper! It's an upgrade for me.... because I'd rather be tenting it! lol!

However, the wife likes it... so I just suck it up... and enjoy the ride.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #477
hellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hellsbay's Tacoma Gallery
I love looking at camping rigs and pics. The 'Little Guy' is sick! Since I am old and broken, I no longer enjoy sleeping on the ground. Here is my latest solution to my travels. Sometimes I am out for more than a month and need a place to work and be comfortable during bad weather. I also like to be 'off the grid'. This little trailer is lifted and has quad shocks, dual group 27 batteries, solar and I carry a generator. Fully loaded, it weighs in at 3800#. I can easily be away from civilization for a week or more. When I can't get the trailer to where I need to spend the night I will sleep in the truck bed or use a hammock.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #479
Bad Spuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbay View Post
I love looking at camping rigs and pics. The 'Little Guy' is sick! Since I am old and broken, I no longer enjoy sleeping on the ground. Here is my latest solution to my travels. Sometimes I am out for more than a month and need a place to work and be comfortable during bad weather. I also like to be 'off the grid'. This little trailer is lifted and has quad shocks, dual group 27 batteries, solar and I carry a generator. Fully loaded, it weighs in at 3800#. I can easily be away from civilization for a week or more. When I can't get the trailer to where I need to spend the night I will sleep in the truck bed or use a hammock.

now thats what im talking about... im broken too.. and getting old fast..
name of trailer? did you lift it, or does it come that way as an option? how does your tacoma pull it?
Old 07-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #480
Komrade is on a distinguished road
Komrade's Tacoma Gallery
try http://www.casitatraveltrailers.com/ for small "full-featured" and light travel trailers.. I think it's one of them. Not as light as a teardrop, but comes with a bathroom and AC. The tanks are small though.. Bushes are a better option for long term.

Products Discussed in this Thread