Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Your suggestions please

Old 06-03-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Your suggestions please

This forum is awesome. But your probably getting sick of me already.

Anyway, heres the problem. I have an incredibly thin driveway. When I back out of the driveway, i sometimes rub the sidewall of the tires against the curb on the passenger side. I really hate to do this because they are pretty expensive tires and i know i'm reducing their overall life. My other option is to park the truck on the street, but, even though i live in a pretty good neighborhood, i really don't want to do this.

I was thinking that maby there was something i could place over the inside of the curb (some type of liner) to lessen the friction and thus the wear on the passenger side tires. i know this may sound crazy, but anyone got some ideas??

Ted
Old 06-03-2007, 04:38 PM   #2
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EvilBetty's Tacoma Gallery
I doubt it... your best bet would probably be to spend the money on curb work.

Do you have a picture of this driveway entry in question?
Old 06-03-2007, 05:28 PM   #3
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking of looking for a heavy duty ~25' rubber "L" shaped run to place over the curb. Im not sure how I would go about securing it however. Anyway, its out on the street for the truck until i can figure out a solution.

Ted
Old 06-03-2007, 05:46 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Warheads On Foreheads Division
MarkC is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AGE (aerospace ground equipment) mechanic
Name: Mark
MarkC's Tacoma Gallery
move to Montana so you can get 50 acres for like 20g's.... thats all I got.. sorry
Old 06-03-2007, 08:55 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
maybe you could bolt a decent sized piece of nylon(very hard plastic) to the bottom of the curb, should be relatively easy on your tires??!!
Old 06-03-2007, 10:16 PM   #6
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Very, very, very easy. Don't hit the curb!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 10:27 PM   #7

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo View Post
Very, very, very easy. Don't hit the curb!!!
geeze, i diddnt see that one coming...
Old 06-04-2007, 05:59 AM   #8
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Build a curb extension or build a 45 degree wood platform along the curb. This way you can actually park ON the curb without damaging your tires. If these don't work, shave your curb to 45 degrees or whatever angle that works for you or even build it up with cement. Any concrete cutting guys can grind it down for you.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:48 AM   #9
Panama Red is on a distinguished road
Panama Red's Tacoma Gallery
You might try what I did when the curb in front of my house was to sharpe of an angle for my lowered sports cars (kept scrapping my front spoilers). I filled in the space between the top of the curb and the street with some bagged asphalt that you can buy in a hardware store. You could do the same thing by filling in the space between the top of your curb and driveway, thus when you get to close to your curb, you would just be riding on this asphalt filler which will prevent you from rubbing the tire on the side of the curb.