Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

First Full Tank

Old 10-16-2008, 07:26 PM   #1
irishpride42 will become famous soon enoughirishpride42 will become famous soon enough
irishpride42's Tacoma Gallery
First Full Tank

And the results are.......

19.89 mpg at 70% city-30 highway! Man I am happier then a pig in shit!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 10-16-2008, 07:34 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpride42 View Post
And the results are.......

19.89 mpg at 70% city-30 highway! Man I am happier then a pig in shit!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
good deal man!!! any performance upgrades,or all stock??
Old 10-17-2008, 06:38 AM   #4
Glider is on a distinguished road
Glider's Tacoma Gallery
That is some good milage. What engine and tranny?

I have run three tanks through my new '08 Taco, V6 auto, and with almost all highway have averaged 20.3 mpg. Go to get my bed lid today and hope that goes up.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:18 AM   #6
irishpride42 will become famous soon enoughirishpride42 will become famous soon enough
Completely stock and it was actually driven harder then I normally drive!
Old 10-17-2008, 07:25 AM   #7
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine for the 1st 3 fill-ups on my 2009 DC LB:

The gas is Exxon, and the driving is Pittsburgh city driving. I usually have 2 spots that I idle/creep for 5-10min. Lots of ups and down, starts and stops. I've been trying, actually holding back, during the "break-in" process. The tach hasn't seen above 2.5, so... No jack rabbit starts, and don't drive it like I stole it. Can't wait for a highway trip to see what it can do!

You don't even understand how happy I am w/ the mileage. Coming from a dakota that got 13-15 w/ exact same conditions. I was ready to pull the trigger on a Camry before reading forum for Tacoma mpgs, and good thing that I did. "Got my cake, and ate it too" THANKS TW PATRONS
Old 10-17-2008, 07:27 AM   #8
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Does anybody know if Toyota did anything to make the 4.0 more fuel efficient then the 05-08s?
Old 10-17-2008, 11:27 AM   #9
Glider's Tacoma Gallery
Spaghettiedy, I too drive like a sane person. No JR starts and since I'm in the break in period also, the tach hasn't seen above 2.5 K. My 4.0 liter Ranger used to average 21-22 mpg over the same course, but it is no where near as powerful, plush and it has a bed lid.

No "off name" fuel goes in any of my vehicles. I prefer Chevron or Shell because of their detergents. I remember reading that they both past the BMW gasoline tests with all grades, the only producers to do so at the time.

I haven't recorded my numbers, but if I remember correctly they were:

Both of the 20.3's had some stop and go in them. Just came back after getting my bed lid installed on the Taco. Looks cool and if my mileage goes up more I'll be happier than the proverbial "pig in sxxt"!
Old 10-17-2008, 12:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glider View Post
Just came back after getting my bed lid installed on the Taco. Looks cool and if my mileage goes up more I'll be happier than the proverbial "pig in sxxt"!
What kind did you get, and you'll have to let us know what it increases your mpg to.

I still have a rough time believing that I'm averaging 20mpg w/ 4x4 and w/o tonneau in the city.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:30 PM   #11
CanTac is on a distinguished road

CanTac's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Leer 700. Nice fit and finish. On my 2nd tank I was getting 20.5 mpg or 24.7 mpg imperial gallon. I am quite pleased at those results so far considering my old truck (02 Dakota V8) and only had 225hp and this one has 236hp. All in all I have been very happy with my purchase.

CanTac

Hal
Old 10-17-2008, 01:36 PM   #12
hashemg has a spectacular aura abouthashemg has a spectacular aura about

hashemg's Tacoma Gallery
When can we just have one big thread about Gas Milage. So we don't keep Flooding the Forum with MPG threads.

I mean......it seems like that this is starting to turn into a MPG competition rather than a place to discuss mods and problems.

I dunno about everyone else but my suggestion is to consolodate. i think the forum would be much cleaner
Old 10-17-2008, 02:27 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashemg View Post
When can we just have one big thread about Gas Milage. So we don't keep Flooding the Forum with MPG threads.

I mean......it seems like that this is starting to turn into a MPG competition rather than a place to discuss mods and problems.

I dunno about everyone else but my suggestion is to consolodate. i think the forum would be much cleaner

No competition here I was just excited!
Old 10-17-2008, 05:02 PM   #14
Glider's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't consider it a competition either. Perhaps hashemg should ping the moderator to set up an MPG forum if he feels threads like this consumes too much of his bandwidth.

For the record the bed lid I bought is an ARE LSII. Looks well made and feels pretty solid. All of the black bed caps are covered by it and no lock is required to secure the tail gate, since it overlaps. BTW most of the tie down rail can be used also, except for about a foot on each side where the gas strut structure retracts when closed.

Since I haul many expensive toys and do most of my driving on the highway a tonneau can make a big difference. I feel that "out of sight, out of mind" really helps for the security of my toys and it was a main reason for going with a pickup and tonneau rather than a SUV or minivan.