1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need 09 locking tonneau cover

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by linkfeeney, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Oct 16, 2008 at 7:47 PM
    linkfeeney

linkfeeney [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    link the stink!
    Sewell, NJ Eh!
    Vehicle:
    09 Doublecab TRD Off-Road! Magnetic Grey!
    i need a tonneau that can go over to cover my tailgate at the same time since it does not have a lock but that camera in the way.

any sugguestions???

2. Oct 16, 2008 at 11:44 PM
    Gene563

Gene563 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eugene
    Lanoka Harbor, NJ
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab, LB, TRD Sport
    TRD catback exhaust, Undercover hard tonneau, Vent visors, Husky liners, customized seat covers, front license plate bracket, rear suspension TSB, Eibach springs w 5100s@0, & General Grabber AT2 (265.70.17).
    "Undercover" is a reasonably priced hard cover with dual locks and gas lifts.

3. Oct 17, 2008 at 6:23 AM
    Impala1ss

Impala1ss Member

Member:
    I've got one (Undercover)and it works & looks great.

4. Oct 17, 2008 at 9:10 AM
    tdm156

tdm156 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC 4x4 SR5**Sold
    I have Undercover as well...lightweight durable and does the job very well!

5. Oct 17, 2008 at 10:19 AM
    ldm

ldm Well-Known Member

Member:
    Black Diamond, WA.
    Vehicle:
    08' TRD Off-Road SR5
    ScanGaugeII, Undercover Tonneau
    The Undercover is very nice and will do the things you listed. Very strong and can be removed very quick.

6. Oct 17, 2008 at 4:02 PM
    crytesy

crytesy Weekend Warrior

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 Tacoma
    Skid Plate, Undercover Tonneau Cover, PIAA FogLights, AIR RAID CAI
    Undercover all the way.......

Been through 3 harsh Northern Canadian winters and still looks new!

7. Oct 17, 2008 at 4:46 PM
    cheefsfn

cheefsfn Active Member

Member:
    Gardner, KS
    New first time Taco owner here. A couple questions for the undercover owners. Will the undercover work with the existing rails in the 09? Does the undercover also secure the tailgate or will an aftermarket tailgate lock be required?

Thanks for any info.

8. Oct 17, 2008 at 5:00 PM
    zuter

zuter Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4 4 cyl
    2nd filter, undercover, debaged, bug deflector, more to follow!
    Yes it is designed to work with the existing rails. I too have an 09 and an undercover. Takes 30 min. to install...or you can have it installed but it is dead simple to do yourself.

It covers the tailgate so no aftermarket lock is required.

9. Oct 17, 2008 at 5:03 PM
    hakujinmike

hakujinmike New Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '09 4x4 Double Cab TRD Off Road
    I have an Undercover on my '09. It works with the existing rail system, no trimming necessary, easy to install (can be done by one person) and the end extends over the back of the tailgate so when the Undercover is locked the tailgate is "secure" (obviously if someone wants it bad enough they can take a crow bar, etc. to it). I'd recommend it.

10. Oct 17, 2008 at 7:25 PM
    linkfeeney

linkfeeney [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    link the stink!
    Sewell, NJ Eh!
    Vehicle:
    09 Doublecab TRD Off-Road! Magnetic Grey!
    but i like the folding tonneau cover too... I dont know if i like that one big piece cover on my bed... *sigh*

11. Oct 18, 2008 at 4:34 AM
    Rickochet

Rickochet Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma Access 2.7 4 x 2
    Added VS Wipers, Cruise Control, DRL, Undercover SE Bed Cover
    I ordered a trifold cover for my 09 Taco. It is made by Extang, but I don't see it on their website. Two quick release clamps hold the rearmost piece down. Two wing nut clamps hold the front piece down. Looks like you should be able to remove it or reinstall in about 30 seconds. It is supposed to be here on Tues.. I will need to install an aftermarket tailgate lock. The new lock for the 09" from Pop and Lock is supposed to be available early Dec.

12. Nov 8, 2008 at 7:50 AM
    Fish Tacos

Fish Tacos Active Member

Member:
    Conn
    Vehicle:
    2009 Double Cab TRD Off-Road
    Can you install the undercover if you have the toyota factory bed extender installed already? I'm hoping that the hardware required to hold the bed extender doesn't interfere with the undercover....anybody know..

13. Nov 8, 2008 at 8:07 AM
    Joe B

Joe B Well-Known Member

Member:
    +1.:)

14. Nov 8, 2008 at 9:09 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    +1 on that.
    No issues and very happy with it.

15. Nov 8, 2008 at 9:33 AM
    Joe B

Joe B Well-Known Member

Member:
    and LED lighting.:)

16. Nov 8, 2008 at 10:21 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    I just bought an ARE LSII fiberglass tonneau - I wanted it painted to match my truck. I think it's more expensive than the undercover, but to me, it looks better.

Now, my truck just looks A LOT beefier! I'm waiting for the weather to clear a bit so I can take some pics and post them, but it looks GOOD!! :)

17. Nov 8, 2008 at 3:51 PM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Thought I would add this about Undercover...easy to remove, I just removed mine a hung it up (comes with brackets). For what I will be doing for a couple three months, it would be a pain to try and work around.

Products Discussed in

To Top