Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Quick spacer lift question!

Old 07-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
TRUSTMEIMATXPRO is on a distinguished road

TRUSTMEIMATXPRO's Tacoma Gallery
Quick spacer lift question!

Hey guys,

I have searched on here and havent found a solid answer yet, Im sure it has been discussed to death tho so sorry.....

I have my '11 DC 4X4 and Im looking to do a quick 1.25 to 1.5 inch front spacer/rear block lift. Im looking online and am thinking to put together the lift from daystar. I could do the full 2.5 lift but would rather have just a simple 1 to 1.5 inch lift all around.

My question is if I go with the 1 inch rear block and 1.25 front spacer will this be level? This will produce the full 1 inch all around? Im thinking my rake is about 3/4 of an inch so from thinking this over I might need larger spacers up front. What do you all think?! Any solid combinations to produce a level lift

Thanks!
Old 07-14-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
u know ur going with the cheapest (quality and price) lift right?

and the worst riding........

Id save ur money and go with billy 5100's and an AAL at the very least.
aaaaand there is the opinion of 97% of tacomaworld.com. spacers are god awful, but yes you will probably be levelish.

edit: 1" block in back = 2" of lift. make sure you take that into consideration.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
1" in front and nothing in the rear would get you about level.

And if you want to do a little reading about spacers:

http://www.camburg.com/toyota/00-06-...y-spacer-lift/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camburg
Read Before you buy a spacer lift!
We get asked this question all the time. “Why are most spacer lifts be bad”? Well spacer lifts can cause a few problems and cost you big dollars to fix. First there are a few different kinds of spacer lifts, there is the kind that just bolts on the top of the existing shock that spaces it down to give lift. The problem that can come from running this kind of spacer is the shock will now be allowed to droop to far downward causing binding and damage to ball joints, 4×4 axle cv’s, and steering joints. The other issue you might have is since the shock is now just pushed down when you bottom out the suspension on or off-road instead of hitting the bumpstops you will just bottom out the shock. This can lead to some hefty damage. The next kind of spacer lift available are the preload spacers. These will usually cause the coil springs to be preloaded to give lift. The side effect to this type of lift is the shock valving is not designed for the extra preload of the spring giving the ride a bad bouncy feel that sometimes feels uncontrolled. And in some cases we have seen the spring coilbind causing damage to the shock and the frame. This is because the spring is designed to move about 1/2 its total length so when you pre-load them they are now compressed to much so near bottom out they will bind before you hit the bumpstops.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:55 PM   #4
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

waiting for picofbrokenshock.jpg
Old 07-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
I have spacers in the front and aal in the back and when I installed the lift my ride quality inproved, maybe I just got lucky. But I would go with what was said about some 5100's. You could probably get a set-up for a little over $300.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #6

Ya I know thats exactly what I've found to be true and what I was originally planing on doing. I know that is the best option for a simple quality lift. This option is just soooo cost effective haha.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post

waiting for picofbrokenshock.jpg

Old 07-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #8

your truck is 15 years old. his ride is not going to improve.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #9
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUSTMEIMATXPRO View Post
This option is just soooo cost effective haha.
5100's are only $180.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:58 PM   #11
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO View Post
and so it begins.......again....
Just trying to keep him from making a bad decision....
Old 07-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #12
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
At work we replace broken spacer lifts on Toyotas every once in a while. Same old same old, broken in the same spot everytime! Then they learn because we hook them up with the 5100's!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:01 PM   #13
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Funny thing lol the other day a broken shocks came in for replacing. they guy welded the shock back together to be able to get home cause it broke in the middle on know where
Old 07-14-2011, 03:01 PM   #14
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Air Force: A.G.E.
Name: Hot Carl!!!
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Just trying to keep him from making a bad decision....
oh i know! I totally agree with doing it right the first time and all that jazz...just seems like we go through this about every 3-4 weeks
Old 07-14-2011, 03:04 PM   #15

there's 2 other threads about the same exact thing right now lol
Old 07-14-2011, 03:04 PM   #16
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Funny thing lol the other day a broken shocks came in for replacing. they guy welded the shock back together to be able to get home cause it broke in the middle on know where
Lol that reminds me of this thread:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-cheapest.html
Pics are at the bottom of page 6.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:11 PM   #17

HAHA sorry fellas, I knew that would open up the same can of worms as it seems to do....

Ill make it easy on myself and everyone else and can this idea and go with the 5100's and add a leafs!!!

I give up...I want quality and reliability....just need a little more $$$$
Old 07-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #19
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
wow, only took one page