LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Extang /trifecta or hardvover fold

Old 07-14-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
rob01 is on a distinguished road
rob01's Tacoma Gallery
Extang /trifecta or hardvover fold

Looking to put a cover on my double cab long box trd and was wonderring if the extra $400 is worth it over the Trifecta. Does the soft cover flap alot down the highway.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
Outdoorsman
Jere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to all

Jere's Tacoma Gallery
I would not say it flaps a lot, but with the rear window of my Access Cab open, I can hear a bit of flapping at highway speeds. It is not distracting, but is noticable.

FWIW, I think the Extang Tri-Fold is the best combination of cover looks, water tightness, and flexibility for opening when necessary.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #3
Wrench Ninja
Apathybot is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Crew Chief
Apathybot's Tacoma Gallery
No problems for me on a Dbl Cab Short Bed, canvas top Trifecta has always done me right....
Old 07-15-2011, 06:01 AM   #4
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Trifecta and love it. No flapping noise at all in the wind, easy to install, easy to remove, can fold up leaving some open bed space, great water resistance, very strong, and a fair price.
The only negative is that it can be easily broken into. But if a thief wanted something, I'm sure they can get into almost anything
Old 07-15-2011, 06:28 AM   #5
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I really like my Extang Trifecta. It's held up a couple of feet of snow, opened in freezing temps easily, hasn't leaked at all in downpours over the last 4+ yrs. Is very easy to take off and on as already mentioned.
Mine has been used a lot, meaning taken off, folded up, 4 seasons of harsh New England weather & is starting to show its wear. I do use a 303 protectant but have loss one of the corner squares. It hasn't effected the use of the cover or looks of the cover.
It doesn't stay as taut at highway speed as say an Access Roll top but do not hear it.
I certainly would buy one again.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #6
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
I like the idea of the Trifecta more than the hard covers. I had the Undercover which I loved, but I couldn't even fit my cooler in my truck as the cover was too low. I had a cheaper one that was a rolling style and while it was easy to rollback for larger items it flapped a lot. If I were to go with the flat cover I would get the trifecta.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #8
shiverman is on a distinguished road
shiverman's Tacoma Gallery
Can't compare the Trifecta to the Tonno-Pro, but I decided to save the money and buy the Tonno-Pro and I love it so far. Easy to take on and off and very tight.

- Shiver

Products Discussed in this Thread