Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Sun Visors

Old 07-15-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
SilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
SilverTacoEater's Tacoma Gallery
Sun Visors

Anyone know where i can get one of those fiberglass visors that mount above the windshield for the 11' Taco's? Im having a tough time finding them. Maybe im not searching the right name for them?
Old 07-15-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I've never heard/seen those before on a Tacoma.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #3
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTacoEater View Post
Anyone know where i can get one of those fiberglass visors that mount above the windshield for the 11' Taco's? Im having a tough time finding them. Maybe im not searching the right name for them?
GOOD.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTacoEater View Post
Maybe im not searching the right name for them?
Most people refer to them as "retarded". Please don't try to make your truck look like a PeterBuilt
Old 07-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
Have a coke and a smile and shut the f#%k up!
hogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
hogeyphenogey's Tacoma Gallery
Put one on then plastidip it!
Old 07-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #7
Subd for later..
TacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
TacoRun's Tacoma Gallery
Styrofoam + Plastidip = WIN
Old 07-15-2011, 01:34 PM   #8
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s...berGlass01.asp

Scroll down to the third option, the "Sun Visor II". If it fits an '08 then it should fit an '11. However, you will loose 1,000 internet points if you mount one on your truck.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #11
SilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I had one on another truck theyre nice because they help block the sun and glare. i dont think they look bad as long as theyre not real long.....
Old 07-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #12
Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have some pics in my photo gallery. Another member asked for some closer pics, but I haven't had a chance. Its a Lund, light kit extra (LED). I had one on my '95 Taco, and had it installed when I bought my '05. For those that do not care for it, no sweat. Btw, mine's paid for.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:05 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Taco View Post
I have some pics in my photo gallery. Another member asked for some closer pics, but I haven't had a chance. Its a Lund, light kit extra (LED). I had one on my '95 Taco, and had it installed when I bought my '05. For those that do not care for it, no sweat. Btw, mine's paid for.
I think it looks pretty good. Does it help block the sun well?
Im a little nervous about this kit because to attach it you have to use self tapping screws and screw it into the roof
Have you had any problems with the screws in the kit backing out or them getting pulled out from branches on trails? I wouldnt mind seeing close up pics if ya dont mind
Old 07-16-2011, 06:11 AM   #14
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
If you're looking to reduce the sun or glare, why not just have some tint installed along the top of the windshield.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:06 AM   #15
Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No problem with screws coming out or leaks. I had it installed professionally. It did require shaping/ sanding/ painting. It helps with glare. It has a little wind noise (70+ mph) and probably cut down the fuel mileage (-1.5 mpg w/ lift & tires also) with aerodynamics. I don't think you'll have problems on the trail, unless you plan to beat the piss out of your truck.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:16 AM   #16
Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic
maser is on a distinguished road

maser's Tacoma Gallery
You can probably find one at a mexican swap-meet....lol.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:16 AM   #17
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Oh great. And you're in MD. Well it won't be hard to identify your truck.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:26 AM   #18

Some people down in Florida say the same thing about it being a "Mexican" thing. When I lived in upstate NY, they were very common on every make truck. In NY, it helped with glare and ice/ snow in the winter. Slow down on judging different nationalities. Those comments are better left unsaid.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:08 AM   #19
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
If you're looking to reduce the sun or glare, why not just have some tint installed along the top of the windshield.
^ This is what I would vote for.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:48 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
^ This is what I would vote for.
I have it now but it really doesnt do the trick. Im not sure i want to go drilling holes in the roof of my truck either.
I may just get my windshield tinted. that should fix the problem. Then i just gotta be careful about getting pulled over.