Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Ordered My Lift!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2008, 06:26 PM   #1
BioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant future
BioMed80's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered My Lift!

Okay, two things: 1) I know no one really cares, but I'm excited, and 2) for those that remember my intro post, yeah that whole keeping it stock thing didn't last very long.

So I just ordered the ReadyLift 69-5510 through my Toyota dealer, who matched an online price of $218. It may be sitting in my closet for awhile as I'm not sure how much I trust shops around here (plus the cost), and I don't know anyone who could help me (and I don't have the tools). Nevertheless, I'm stoked about getting it ordered; one step closer to actually getting it done.

Plan to put on some cheap'o Unique 15" rims (Discount Tire) with 31" General Grabber AT2s.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:28 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Fantastic!!!
Post some pics when you have it installed!
Old 10-17-2008, 06:37 PM   #4
romeo oscar bravo
zero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nice

Name: Rob
zero niner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMed80 View Post
Okay, two things: 1) I know no one really cares, but I'm excited, and 2) for those that remember my intro post, yeah that whole keeping it stock thing didn't last very long.

So I just ordered the ReadyLift 69-5510 through my Toyota dealer, who matched an online price of $218. It may be sitting in my closet for awhile as I'm not sure how much I trust shops around here (plus the cost), and I don't know anyone who could help me (and I don't have the tools). Nevertheless, I'm stoked about getting it ordered; one step closer to actually getting it done.

Plan to put on some cheap'o Unique 15" rims (Discount Tire) with 31" General Grabber AT2s.
Not sure how difficult the lift is but you could perhaps tackle the rear lift by yourself then pay someone to change out your front. I paid Meineke $230 to change out my front shock (5100) out of my coil and reinstall and also align the truck. I installed the 1 inch aluminum block from Wheeler's myself, using just the stock truck jack and simple tools. It's really easy, you just have to take your time. It took a total of 20-30 minutes to do both sides. I hope you try and tackle some of the install since it'll get you not only more involved in your truck but you'll sure feel proud that you did some of your own work!

Rob
Old 10-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
if its anything like the ez lift and its the solid spacer for on top of the stry assembly, its very simple b/c u dont need a spring compressor. good luck w/ finding a place if u dont do it urself
Old 10-17-2008, 06:50 PM   #6
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats man and def post pic's when you get it installed. I think 5 luggers look kickass lifted.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:55 PM   #7
romeo oscar bravo
zero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
Congrats man and def post pic's when you get it installed. I think 5 luggers look kickass lifted.
He shows an 09 which is 6 lugs, I'm assuming you were talking about the lugnuts no? Unless I'm mistaken, then my apologies...

Rob
Old 10-17-2008, 06:55 PM   #8
I LiKe TaCos
BluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really nice

BluTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMed80 View Post

What website did you find the kit at for 218 ? On the companys website it lists for 329.00. This is awesome! I'm stoked about a lift kit for my 5-lugger finally! Please post pics!
Old 10-17-2008, 06:56 PM   #9
romeo oscar bravo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluTaco08 View Post
What website did you find the kit at for 218 ? On the companys website it lists for 329.00. This is awesome! I'm stoked about a lift kit for my 5-lugger finally! Please post pics!
Maybe I'm just a newbie, but what's a 5 lugger?

Rob
Old 10-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero niner View Post
He shows an 09 which is 6 lugs, I'm assuming you were talking about the lugnuts no? Unless I'm mistaken, then my apologies...

Rob
Quote:
Maybe I'm just a newbie, but what's a 5 lugger?

Rob
a 5 lugger is a base taco in reg or access cab thats a 2.7L w/o being 4x4 or a prerunner. it does have 5 lugs on the wheels
Old 10-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #11
BioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant future
Thanks for all the replies. To answer a few things; I would like to do the lift myself, as I did nearly all the mods on my previous vehicle but 1) I'd like someone with more experience there, and 2) I'd hate to be half-way through and not have a tool or something. I live in an apartment, so I don't have a place for a lot of tools, or a garage, etc. But if anyone in the Colorado Springs area is willing to help me out, and wants to make a few bucks, that'd be great.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:00 PM   #12
Wow, you guys are fast! Yes, a 4x2 reg or access (I believe) cab has 5 lugs on the wheels.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:03 PM   #13
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
a 5 lugger is a base taco in reg or access cab thats a 2.7L w/o being 4x4 or a prerunner. it does have 5 lugs on the wheels
Your the man hodge!
Old 10-17-2008, 07:03 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluTaco08 View Post

I have the website at home; I'll have to check later. But I know autoanything has them for 230 including sihpping.

http://www.autoanything.com/suspensi...0A3040161.aspx
Old 10-17-2008, 07:52 PM   #15
romeo oscar bravo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
Ah so Amigo! Thanks for the clarification. I was unaware of this designation... Always learning something new on Tacoma World!

Rob
Old 10-17-2008, 07:54 PM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Ah so Amigo! Thanks for the clarification. I was unaware of this designation... Always learning something new on Tacoma World!

Rob
hey...thats whats the site is for
Old 10-25-2008, 01:59 PM   #17
Lift Wheels and Tires are On!!!

Got the lift put on along with new wheels and tires! I'm in love! To recap; it's the ReadyLift 3" lift for the 5 luggers, 31x10.5x15 General Grabber AT 2s, and 15x8 wheels.

Before:

After:

Old 10-25-2008, 02:43 PM   #18
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Hory Clap BratMan! What a freakin' difference. Sweet job there young man. Feels so good to get the results you want eh? Have fun with it and enjoy the snow.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:45 PM   #19
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
That looks great. Hell, that may even look better than my Prerunner.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:39 PM   #20
Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate your comments. Y'all are too kind.

Although I'm not sure about the "young man" part of it. I doubt you could be much older than me.

Products Discussed in this Thread