Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

cool shift knobs

Old 05-02-2013, 05:55 AM   #181
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joben7726 View Post

Another angle.
That is sweet..
Old 05-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #182
hondarider215 will become famous soon enough

Name: Wes
hondarider215's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
Why have I not thought of that...
What did you mount the grip onto?
I just cut a piece of steel pipe to length. Than found some nuts to fit on the thread of the shifter. It kinda ghetto rigged but at the same time it works great and doesn't move.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:07 AM   #183
Yaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yaozer's Tacoma Gallery
Me gusta:

http://www.hotrodshiftknob.com/servl...%2Chead/Detail
Old 05-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #184
DOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant future

Name: Jobin
DOT's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone is looking for a custom knob check out these http://www.koolknobs.com/index.html
Old 05-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #185
tommyg29 is on a distinguished road

tommyg29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn Diesel View Post
What is it?
Its plastic and molded to fit the grip of your hand.
with a carbon fiber look to it matches the interior well.
Kinda feels cool to rest your hand in it, though I would have it in my hand a lot more if I had a manual
The radio "cover" is custom made.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #186
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyg29 View Post
Its plastic and molded to fit the grip of your hand.
with a carbon fiber look to it matches the interior well.
Kinda feels cool to rest your hand in it, though I would have it in my hand a lot more if I had a manual
The radio "cover" is custom made.
I see... can you tell me more about said cover good sir? I like.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #187
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Nevermind. Found your other thread.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #188
Chris b.
western88 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
western88's Tacoma Gallery
ah I will play.. here is mine.. a simple door knob.. in chrome( real chrome).. came from an old farm home.
Attached Thumbnails
cool shift knobs-cam00014.jpg  
Old 05-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #189
LoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud of
LoneCynic's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer ball shift knobs, so that is what I put in both of my rides. I have the OEM TRD Shift knob in my Tacoma. Others have posted pics of this knob, and it is indeed gray, and does match the interior. It just reflects light really well and always looks lighter in photos it seems. I got it for around $46 from my dealer, so whoever got quoted $80+, your dealer was trying to rip you off.

The second picture is of the Flameball shift knob I put in my Camaro. http://www.flameball.com/ is the website to order these from. They have lots of colors and patterns to choose from. The knobs are made to order. You tell them the year, make, model and trim of your vehicle, and they make yours tailored to your vehicle with correct threads or attachment method. The wait is a few weeks, but they are quality knobs, and you can even order an LED kit with the purchase to make the flames light up at night. I bet these would look good in a Tacoma as well for those looking for something a bit more unique.
Attached Thumbnails
cool shift knobs-20130402_123941.jpg   cool shift knobs-20120712_182207.jpg  
Old 05-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #190
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns View Post
Nice man!
Thanks.
It worked great on a shortened lever in my 1st gen 1996 Tacoma. I discovered to my suprize that I could swap that 17 year old lever with the new one on my my 2012!

Old 05-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #191
Chris b.
western88 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
western88's Tacoma Gallery
I would love to get that old stick shift to install on my 2012 taco.. I dont care for the shorty.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #192
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
You can get them off ebay.

I even have one on my 2012 Yaris, too.

They feel just right.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #194
TXPROMAN is a jewel in the roughTXPROMAN is a jewel in the roughTXPROMAN is a jewel in the rough

Name: Martin
TXPROMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #195
legga400 is on a distinguished road
legga400's Tacoma Gallery
I have this in my 2012 taco... it's the kitties titties if you ask me. Raises the shifter up just a little bit, nice and comfy

Black Sick Speed Gumball shifter
Old 05-21-2013, 03:01 AM   #196
lostsrfn18 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Pilot
Name: Ryan
lostsrfn18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamer View Post
You're going ballistic mav!!

Ive been trying to find a joystick one! Where did you get this? did you have to make it yourself?
Old 05-21-2013, 03:57 AM   #197
TEQ HED
Mattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mattnatti's Tacoma Gallery
ordered this from Japan Toyota,

Old 05-31-2013, 06:59 PM   #198
So Cal Edition
SWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
SWCCBEE's Tacoma Gallery
SWCCBEE, Aluminum, 3", 2nd Gen, Auto, "SWCC Rating badge" emblem on top.

I NEED this in my life!! Haha
Old 05-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #199
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
I want this!

I use to have this shift knob in my Integra Type R, I loved it. I wish I could get it for my Tacoma. Come on Skunk2 make this for Tacoma's