Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

cool shift knobs

Old 07-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #22
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
I have one from C2C, but it's unavailable now
Attached Thumbnails
cool shift knobs-picture-12.jpg  
Old 07-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #23
^ (ಠ_ಠ) ^
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
i have a custom glass shift knob, white with a toyota symbol at the top

Old 07-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #24
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
My stainless steel shifter which was nearly finished:

Until the god damn tap broke during the final operation:

Old 07-18-2011, 04:37 PM   #25
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking about making one of these:

Old 07-18-2011, 06:19 PM   #26
TACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to all

TACK's Tacoma Gallery

It's grey, even though the flash kind of made it look white here. The grey matches the Taco interior perfectly. Got it here: http://www.sickspeed.com
Old 07-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #27
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Excuse the dirty mess my truck is, hasn't been on the road for a few months..and I've ripped the entire dash apart doing mods and stuff..and bunch of other sh1t!

Old 07-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #29
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post

that looks like you could extract that or drill that out.........worth a try to save your project.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #30
I'm crackin eggs of wisdom
Shiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Curt (krt)
Shiftin2Sixth's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my XRS Matrix knob
Old 07-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #31
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
For those of you with aftermarket shift knobs, just a little tip to keep the boot up. Take the whole console out, put rubberbands on the shaft, then put the console back on. The rubberbands will hold up the boot so it's flush with your aftermarket shift knob.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:40 PM   #32
TACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to all

TACK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
For those of you with aftermarket shift knobs, just a little tip to keep the boot up. Take the whole console out, put rubberbands on the shaft, then put the console back on. The rubberbands will hold up the boot so it's flush with your aftermarket shift knob.
I'll give that a shot. Thank you!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #35
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
How about leather shift knobs with a 6 speed pattern? I love the feel of my OEM one, but I'm looking to upgrade it to something that has a bit of red contrast stiching or maybe a small TRD logo embroidered.

To this date, I've been SOL.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:48 PM   #37
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
i think it would be cool for someone to make the OEM with white leather and red stitching like a baseball
Old 07-18-2011, 08:49 PM   #38
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post

Old 07-18-2011, 08:53 PM   #39
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
I got this one from a member on here to match my front emblem. He was making different designs in aluminum and brass IIRC. It's held up great for a year now. Only drawback is it gets a little hot in the summer heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
who you get it from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LILFURR View Post

mine, from the same guy that made m3bassman's, he doesnt make them anymore. i rapped mine in paracord and did some fancy work to it once i got it in the truck, dont have a pic of that
Ah it's good to see these again, good memories making these things. I would love to still be able to make them.

Actually If I could get enough people I'm sure the teacher would let me come back and make them when I needed to. If you think you might be interested in having one made post up in this thread. Post up, if I get at least three people I'll go talk to the teacher and see about making more.

Post up exactly like this:

1. TW name, Choice of metal (brass or aluminum), Size (2" or 3"), Generation (pretaco, 1st gen, 2nd gen), Tranny (Manual or Auto), and the logo or design you'd like on the top.

So for example:

1. Pope953, Brass, 3", Pretaco, Manual, Toyota emblem on top.
2. Next person
3. Next person

I'll play too mine look like this in my truck...
Old 07-18-2011, 09:27 PM   #40
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Pope, on a rough estimate..what would those run? Using the scale below.

$ - $45-70
$$- $75-90
$$$- $100+

Just curious...