Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

cool shift knobs

Old 07-18-2011, 09:52 PM   #41
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
Pope, on a rough estimate..what would those run? Using the scale below.

$ - $45-70
$$- $75-90
$$$- $100+

Just curious...
Pending on size and metal and the logo complexity. Most of them ranged from $45-75. The most would be $80 I would say and the only way it would be that much was for one that had a extension with it to make it a bit higher.

Also when I calculate the price the shipping is already figured in ahead of time.
Here is the one with the extension that I did.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:45 AM   #42
boss1041 has a spectacular aura aboutboss1041 has a spectacular aura about
Name: chad
boss1041's Tacoma Gallery
Any one else interested ill be one of the three I'm personally tired of the torn six speed shift knob
Old 07-19-2011, 08:57 AM   #43
odomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
odomandr's Tacoma Gallery
there is some question as to whether a heavy knob is all that great for the shifter. sometimes it feels like it improves the way it shifts but the weight could cause an issue so ive heard.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:22 AM   #44
El' Capi-Tan
resq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to behold

EMS: Giles Rescue
Name: Josh
resq330's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by odomandr View Post
there is some question as to whether a heavy knob is all that great for the shifter. sometimes it feels like it improves the way it shifts but the weight could cause an issue so ive heard.

I had a B&M shift knob (metal, not aluminum) on 2 of my previous tacoma's. It did seem to improve the shifting (although probably just in my head). I don't recall any issues from the weight of it.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:31 AM   #45
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Heavier shift knobs help a lot, especially if you have a short shifter. I ran the OEM knob with my SS and switching it out for the C2C one was night and day. The heavier ball creates momentum and makes it smoother to move the shifter.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:34 AM   #46
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=m3bassman;3453319]ok i must know where you can get that from![/QUOTE

You can get this from rock knob.

http://rocknob.com/

I just ordered mine, a baseball, from them but they have the grenade ones as well.
Attached Thumbnails
cool shift knobs-baseball-knob.jpg  
Old 07-19-2011, 09:40 AM   #47
Human after all
2blu4u is just really nice2blu4u is just really nice2blu4u is just really nice2blu4u is just really nice

2blu4u's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Banff2007Tacoma;3455980]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
ok i must know where you can get that from![/QUOTE

I just ordered mine, a baseball, from them but they have the grenade ones as well.
Great find, that is what I have been trying to find! Thinking about either the one you ordered or the billiard ball with the MLB logo. Let us know how it is when you receive it.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:17 AM   #48
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss1041 View Post
Any one else interested ill be one of the three I'm personally tired of the torn six speed shift knob
Get 2 more people and Ill get back in business!

Quote:
Originally Posted by odomandr View Post
The ones in my truck that I have made, and the other couple I have made for TW members have been brass. I haven't been reported of any problems and never had any problems with mine. And brass is a rather heavy metal.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:20 AM   #49
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
...put rubberbands on the shaft...
Sounds painful..
Old 07-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #50
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Pope, depending when they will be available..I might have funds set aside from one..just give me a time frame and I'll tell you if I can afford one to get in on the group buy.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:32 AM   #51
That's a fact Jack!

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
Pope, depending when they will be available..I might have funds set aside from one..just give me a time frame and I'll tell you if I can afford one to get in on the group buy.
Alright, ill PM you. So as of right now I have maybes from:

1. UndefinedTaco
2. boss1041

@Undefined- post in that thread I hotlinked and post what size and what metal which a picture of the emblem you'd like on top.
Note: the emblem or logo cannot be too complex due to the fact the mill will be working on a small surface. Check out some of the pages on the other thread to see about how detailed your logo can be.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #52
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Banff2007Tacoma;3455980]
Quote:
ok i must know where you can get that from![/QUOTE

that's sweet! i'm checking to see if they can get a 6spd with reverse up and left to match our trucks...the rock knob would be quite unique
Old 07-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #53
odomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
odomandr's Tacoma Gallery
in previous cars ive had snooker balls, an eight ball, a keg tap, a pistol grip and some others that were heavy. i found that the lighter weight ones allow you to feel the transmission more and being that the shifter is a lever heavier ones have less feel and puts more strain on the linkage. is this terrible over the long term? i dont know only been in my truck for a few months but i would personally stick to lighter weight knobs even though they may not shift "as easy".

also try to find one that threads on instead of tightens with screws on the sides. the screws never tighten, they mar the shifter, and when you are shifting and it pops off its very awkward
Old 07-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #54
That's a fact Jack!

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hey im thinking bout ordering up one of those grenade shift nobs to put on my transfer case but how do i know itll match right up with the threads and all? are all stcik shift nobs universal?
Actually they are not universal. Unless you buy a Hurst or B&M shifter that comes with adjustment threads. In our trucks, all manuals (5spd or 6spd), in my experience, are the same thread size. So my shifter in my 93' Pickup will fit in a brand new 6spd or 5spd.

Thread size for 2005+ automatics are: 8mm x 1.25
Thread size for all manuals (in my experience) 1988-2011 are: 12mm x 1.25
Old 07-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #55
That's a fact Jack!

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well theres a universal adapter kit that you can get with it for 5 bucks so i should be good to go
Yeah you should if the adapter kit comes with it.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:47 PM   #56
LILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Salty Basterd
Name: Mitch
LILFURR's Tacoma Gallery
in the truck

and the turks head knots i put on it
Old 07-19-2011, 02:06 PM   #57
That's a fact Jack!

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LILFURR View Post
in the truck

and the turks head knots i put on it
Bet that solves somewhat of the heat problem

Mine gets scalding!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #58
LILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Salty Basterd
Name: Mitch
LILFURR's Tacoma Gallery
yea the top gets hot as sin so luckily i can hold the middle, also makes it a little wider so it fits in my hand a little better, i love the shifter though i get compliments on it all the time
Old 07-19-2011, 02:16 PM   #59
That's a fact Jack!

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LILFURR View Post
yea the top gets hot as sin so luckily i can hold the middle, also makes it a little wider so it fits in my hand a little better, i love the shifter though i get compliments on it all the time
Glad to hear that man!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #60
CrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tacoma889
CrAiG's Tacoma Gallery
(Dirt-Bike Grip)