Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Suspension Advice?

Old 07-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
Hakuna Matata, bitches!
EVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura aboutEVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura about

Name: Trent
EVErsionDesigns's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension Advice?

I want to know if anyone with an aftermarket UCA is having trouble with alignment, broken tie rod ends, balding tires or anything of that nature.

I want to get some and I want to make sure I'm not running into something too expensive with replacing tires and everything.

Is there any that won't void the warranty?

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I just put on some LR UCA's, and the alignment shop fucked up. Gotta take it back in the morning. The right tire scrubs like fuck now when I turn right.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxRacer190 View Post
Well, I just put on some LR UCA's, and the alignment shop fucked up. Gotta take it back in the morning. The right tire scrubs like fuck now when I turn right.
They set at their neutral setting ?
Old 07-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Warranty only gets void if the product directly causes the problem.

If anything aftermarket UCA's will help with all the above mentioned items because they WILL allow for proper alignment allow tires to wear evenly and such.

They dont have anything to do with tie rods because toe can always be adjusted even without proper camber and caster.

Please someone correct me if I am wrong, thanks!
Old 07-18-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
They set at their neutral setting ?
lol not even close. The freaking square bushing thing that sets in the groove (above the ball joint), he has it turned sideways. . . not even seated in it's place.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #6
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxRacer190 View Post
lol not even close. The freaking square bushing thing that sets in the groove (above the ball joint), he has it turned sideways. . . not even seated in it's place.
You have the install instructions ?
Old 07-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #7
Hakuna Matata, bitches!
EVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura aboutEVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Warranty only gets void if the product directly causes the problem.

If anything aftermarket UCA's will help with all the above mentioned items because they WILL allow for proper alignment allow tires to wear evenly and such.

They dont have anything to do with tie rods because toe can always be adjusted even without proper camber and caster.

Please someone correct me if I am wrong, thanks!
I'm just concerned with the tie rod ENDS being more vulnerable with the aftermarket suspension.
I had a 4" spindle lift on my old truck and I could break tie rod ends all day.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You have the install instructions ?
Ya. I forgot them today, and I was hoping they knew what they were doing. Guess not. I'm taking the instructions up there in the morning. The left side is fine... Idk what he was doing o the right. . .
Old 07-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #9
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How would a UCA cause a tie rod end yo break?

How on earth were you going through ends?
Old 07-18-2011, 08:38 PM   #10
Hakuna Matata, bitches!

Quote:
How would a UCA cause a tie rod end yo break?

How on earth were you going through ends?

Thats what I'm asking.
More if anyone has had any problems though..
Like MXracer190, I want to know that kinda stuff but it sounds more like something wasn't put together right, rather than a natural mechanical issue.?

It was a heavy truck with a weak front end and heavy tires. A sierra 1500 with 37" tires. The front end had seen better days. It always had problems with the alignment too, never had it straight.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #11
Almost there

Ah now I see. I was like i have not heard of people changing out their rod ends that often on a Tacoma
Old 07-19-2011, 08:19 PM   #12
Hakuna Matata, bitches!

Quote:
Ah now I see. I was like i have not heard of people changing out their rod ends that often on a Tacoma
Well then I guess that answers my question lol
Old 07-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #13
Almost there

iv been running my spindles for over a year and a half with no issues whatsoever. I also have Total Chaos Upper arms and it allows for me to run the extended travel shocks to achieve a bit over 9 3/4" of travel over the factory 8.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #14
Hakuna Matata, bitches!

Quote:
iv been running my spindles for over a year and a half with no issues whatsoever. I also have Total Chaos Upper arms and it allows for me to run the extended travel shocks to achieve a bit over 9 3/4" of travel over the factory 8.
ya I like the set ups.
Im looking at the Icon UCA.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:59 AM   #15
Hakuna Matata, bitches!

Quote:
Awesome. Thanks.