Notices

Getting my TSB done

Old 07-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
trdkrupp is on a distinguished road

Army: CBRN Technician, 2-44 ADA
Name: Nate
trdkrupp's Tacoma Gallery
Getting my TSB done

Well, it was easier than I thought it be. Just called up the service manager at my local dealership and told him what I needed done. He looked it upend said no problem. I had a few tuff boxes and rucksacks in my truck from Afghanistan and my leaves were completely flexed. Have an appointment for Thursday so we'll see how it goes.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
SoCal Reppin
iRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iRepLONGBEACH's Tacoma Gallery
since an alignment is part of the rear tsb, u might as well put 5100's up front to level the truck out to save some coin
Old 07-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepLONGBEACH View Post
since an alignment is part of the rear tsb, u might as well put 5100's up front to level the truck out to save some coin
Only if the front shocks get replaced and in the case of the OP they don't.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:26 AM   #4
SoCal Reppin
iRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iRepLONGBEACH's Tacoma Gallery
hmm thats weird..i got mine done last week. only the leaf packs were replaced since i had the TRD and an alignment was done to it also.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Usually they dealer doesn't know what they are doing. They replace when it isn't needed.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #6
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

puckstopper55's Tacoma Gallery
im pretty sure an alignment is required, regardless of what they replace upfront.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #7

Well, I dropped my truck off Wednesday night and got a call from the service manager on Thursday morning asking me if I really wanted it done. I say yes, and he proceeds to tell me about a harsh unloaded ride and what not. I said that's fine and want to have it done, all this going on during my unit's Change of Command ceremony. About an hour later I get a call from my service advisor saying that the parts are not on hand and are on national backorder. No big deal. Get a call on Friday that the parts were on that day's truck. So I get to drop it off again Monday. For anyone that has had this TSB done, how long did it take? Thanks and I'll post a pic once it's done.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:48 PM   #8
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE For anyone that has had this TSB done, how long did it take?[/QUOTE]

It took them about 3 hours for me, but I was told I was the first one done in the shop... kinda made me nervous... but they did a good job it seems..
Old 07-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #9
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
I had the TSB done in March. Dealer needed a day to get the parts and they replaced the leaf packs and all shocks. I bought the truck new two months before and only had 1600 miles on it at the time. The whole install took about 3 hours. My dealer (Toyota of Boerne) is the best car dealership I've ever dealt with; bought 4 vehicles from them... I am loyal.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:26 PM   #11

Got the work done today. The 3 hour is spot on. Haven't felt a difference in ride yet. I'll get some pics up soon. I really don't see much of a difference, just the nice clean springs with all the dirt on the original parts.