Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Must have add-ons for my new Tacoma?

Old 07-19-2011, 11:56 PM   #1
happyguy will become famous soon enough
happyguy's Tacoma Gallery
Must have add-ons for my new Tacoma?

Hey there.

I bought this Tacoma in May, and have since added a Topper to the truck, as well as purchased WeatherTech floor mats.

What else is a must-have add-on in your opinion.

2011 Tacoma v6 SR5 Black.

1st picture is the day I bought it, 2nd picture is the day I bought the topper.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:18 AM   #2
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
the hose clamp mod is a good one to start with.
easy and cheap.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...w-prevent.html

or pretty much anything on this page
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...mods-more.html
Old 07-20-2011, 03:06 AM   #3
Black Sand Mirror
808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
808TRDTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
I'd get Wet Okole seat covers (love mine), bed mat, tint, and a scangauge, which can come in handy at times.

What kind of driving will this truck see? Will it be a pavement pounder (like mine ) or will it be used off road a lot?
Old 07-20-2011, 03:17 AM   #4
808TUNDA is a name known to all808TUNDA is a name known to all808TUNDA is a name known to all808TUNDA is a name known to all808TUNDA is a name known to all808TUNDA is a name known to all
Name: D
808TUNDA's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, definitely some Wet Okoles.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:26 AM   #5
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
ebay oem type fogs w/oem switch, oem cruise control, adjustable intermitent wipers, WOs, WTs, pedal covers, CBs, stereos, ipod/mp3/usb adapter, step tubes or sliders, popnlock tailgate lock/hoseclamp/gatekeeper combo, spare tire lock, Smittylbuilt or nfab light bar or avid light bar, HID kit for fogs or headlights or both, tires other than factory, lift, 5100s, TSB leafs/bilsteins, UCAs if lifting 2+, skid plates, aftermarket fr/rr bumpers..........we could go on and on here. Tell us your goals for usage and we can narrow it down. The possibilities are limitless. Welcome to the madness, lol.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:08 AM   #6
flyfishinMT is on a distinguished road
Army: 7yrs honorable, active service, Iraq Veteran
flyfishinMT's Tacoma Gallery
dont forget some Duratracs and Weathertec floor mats!
Old 07-20-2011, 04:34 AM   #7
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Rims asap
Old 07-20-2011, 04:38 AM   #8
Treedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Barry
Treedawg37's Tacoma Gallery
How bout...... You better build a bank roll for all the above first!
Old 07-20-2011, 04:48 AM   #9
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
First off. What do you plan on doing with the truck? 4x4?
Old 07-20-2011, 06:44 AM   #10
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Keep your steelies for winter tires.
Put on some other rims & tires for non-inclement weather.
Sell the dunlops or trade them if you can.

oh and popnlock for the rear tailgate. Works great with the topper & clamp mod
Old 07-20-2011, 06:50 AM   #11
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
did the wet okoles first

check out my build, did some things you might like, similar truck to
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ere-build.html
Old 07-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #12
BLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Iain
BLACKnBLUE's Tacoma Gallery
I'd definitely look into upgrading the wheels/tires next. I love my Hankook Dynopro tires!
Old 07-20-2011, 12:10 PM   #13
korslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
korslite's Tacoma Gallery
If you plan on putting anything at all in the bed I'd call the bedmat a "must have". At least it was for me. I couldn't standhow slippery the bed surface was with most objects. Well worth the money in my opinion.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #15
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
I think it all depends on what your gonna do with the truck. I'm a fan of looking through the cheap mod thread. Very hands and easy stuff to do in that thread
Old 07-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #18
ruskastud is a glorious beacon of lightruskastud is a glorious beacon of lightruskastud is a glorious beacon of lightruskastud is a glorious beacon of lightruskastud is a glorious beacon of lightruskastud is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force:
ruskastud's Tacoma Gallery
tint
ultragauge
rear leaf tsb
Old 07-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #19
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
Pay it off! After that you can throw lots of money at it.:P

Products Discussed in this Thread