Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

If it's not one thing, it's another. Rounded diff plug.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #41
baja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

baja820's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome man!
Old 07-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #42
WATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the rough
WATacoRider's Tacoma Gallery
GJ!

I couldnt locate a 6 point socket. I had to settle for a 12-point also. But I dont remember the size. Cant remember if it was metric or not. Anyways, luckily, mine wasnt an issue coming out.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:46 PM   #43
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Ahhh... Don'cha just love that feeling of conquering a problem that's been kicking you. Good job!
Old 07-24-2011, 06:20 PM   #44
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
For future use:
The hammer on the head of plug works great..few lil taps..then use a block and a mallet and tap your socket on(I use a 24mm 12 point Stanley from Walmart), then use a breaker while laying on the ground and pulling towards you(just don't pop yourself in the face)

Tapping the socket on with a block and a mallet makes it sit flush on the plug and not angled, when it's angled is how you slip and strip.

It works everytime.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:02 PM   #45
Taco Grande is on a distinguished road
Name: J.C.
Taco Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Had the same problem with a transfer case filler nut.First time I cranked on it the socket slipped off,rounding the nut.Those nuts are very shallow,hard to grab onto.Noticed the inside of the socket is countersunk somewhat.Ground the front edge down,works mo betta.

Products Discussed in this Thread