Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Screw you Toyota and your $13 center console cargo net!

Old 07-20-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
FY01CPO is on a distinguished road

Navy: Machinist's Mate
Name: Jeremy
FY01CPO's Tacoma Gallery
Screw you Toyota and your $13 center console cargo net!

LOL. I was doing my fighter pilot mod today and was finding my wife's hair ties everywhere in the truck so I decided to apply some imagination and practicality for them instead of taking them back in the house.

I made a pseudo cargo net thingy that Toyota sells since I got my truck used and it didn't have the net in there. I made a little pen holder and put another "bungee" across the driver side if the console to hold notepads.

Not too bad if I do say so myself.

I am sure I am not the first person to do this, but I haven't seen any posts like this since I have been on the forum so maybe some new folks (or old ones too) could use this as inspiration. You can even use whatever color you like to customize the look. For the cross bands, I just did a cat's paw knot to join the two hair ties together.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
That's a lot of vaseline.

Like the lights though. Good idea for the cargo net too.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
WORD!?!
tacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tacoman355's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FY01CPO View Post
Yeah, the access cabs don't have a lot of room in the back.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #5
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, the access cabs don't have a lot of room in the back.
http://youtu.be/WCSZfmbFJyQ
Old 07-20-2011, 07:30 PM   #6
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Shit, that's what I said!

Great idea, OP! My dealer threw mine in when I bought it, after I said it should have been standard equipment.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:31 PM   #7
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post

haha! that was my first thought too. It is for those looooooooooong road trips.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:32 PM   #8
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
You are not the first to come up with this idea.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:52 PM   #10
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGM View Post
it rubs the lotion on its skin,or else it gets the hose again
lol!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:55 PM   #11
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is that so she can tuck her pony tail in there? LOL
I have no idea. But this one matches the color of the console lacing:

Old 07-20-2011, 07:58 PM   #12
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I could keep my center console that clean

It's full of gas receipts lol.

good idea on the net though.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #13
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Seems to function just like the stock net - great idea and job of putting all those hair bands to good use!
Old 07-21-2011, 01:34 AM   #14
Devious Duck is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Devious Duck's Tacoma Gallery
I asked this question to my sales guy when i bought the truck new 2mo. ago. He knew nothing of the net and owns the same truck as me. Bought his a week before me. So i talked to the parts guys at the dealer and they gave me the wholesale price. I paid $4 for mine. Not a bad first mod. I would try and talk to your parts guys if they are cool, they might hook you up.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:10 AM   #17
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious Duck View Post
I asked this question to my sales guy when i bought the truck new 2mo. ago. He knew nothing of the net and owns the same truck as me. Bought his a week before me. So i talked to the parts guys at the dealer and they gave me the wholesale price. I paid $4 for mine. Not a bad first mod. I would try and talk to your parts guys if they are cool, they might hook you up.
If you just bought the truck I would have expected the dealer to give me one, but I guess 4 bucks is fine unless you have some hair thingys lying around
Old 07-21-2011, 08:27 PM   #18
Devious Duck is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Devious Duck's Tacoma Gallery
I probably could have gotten it for free had i not gotten the truck at a really deep discount. My wife gets a discount on Toyota through the hospital she works at. The funny part is the sales manager quoted us $500 below invoice on the truck and I was really happy, but my sales guy forgot to tell him that we wanted a color they didn't have. So they had to bring it in from 2.5hrs away. So at that point price was already locked in and didn't have to pay for the trade. $4 isn't that bad of a deal in that case.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:58 PM   #19
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
So that's what that is in my glove box in an un-opened bag.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:15 AM   #20
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i don’t have one. (that i know of) and i thing i have a hair thing or 2 in my night stand beside my bed. i have had a few girls leave them. lol