1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Leaf spring TSB, here I come!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by FY01CPO, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Jul 20, 2011 at 7:20 PM
    FY01CPO

FY01CPO [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    CT
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4
    black tube steps, side marker turn signals, 15% tint and window strip, EGR vent shades, fighter pilot/cockpit mod, console and glove box auto on LED, anytime fog light mod, 3000k HID fogs, bed mat wing nut mod, locking bed storage bin mod, smoked tail lights, plasti-dipped rims, blacked out emblems, black tail pipe, tail gate hose clamp, rear seat utility/dog shelf with rear center console access door.
    So a few weeks ago, I did the mulch in the front yard and made a few trips to the store. I decided to go with the bagged stuff since it is easier to work with since I have a hill I had to mulch, blah blah blah.

Anywho, the pic is of 37 bags. I did 2 other loads with 25 and 20 in there and they still had me sagging like an old lady. :p

I will be taking it in to get the TSB done. I already discussed it with my dealer (Colonial Toyota in Milford, CT) and they said it shouldn't be a problem. I made sure I had the mark on the frame to show it bottomed out but the pictures don't lie. I hear that the 2010s have the upgraded shocks but I thought they were the blue and yellow ones. Anyway, it will be nice to get some new springs in there to get rid of these rusty ones. Is this something that happens due to the flexing and paint cracking or something? Those and the mounting brackets look like crap. The frame is fine though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jul 20, 2011 at 11:39 PM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    37 bags? Aren't those 40 pounds each? So...basically 1500 pounds?

3. Jul 20, 2011 at 11:42 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    The TSB springs suck too

4. Jul 21, 2011 at 8:31 AM
    FY01CPO

FY01CPO [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    CT
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4
    black tube steps, side marker turn signals, 15% tint and window strip, EGR vent shades, fighter pilot/cockpit mod, console and glove box auto on LED, anytime fog light mod, 3000k HID fogs, bed mat wing nut mod, locking bed storage bin mod, smoked tail lights, plasti-dipped rims, blacked out emblems, black tail pipe, tail gate hose clamp, rear seat utility/dog shelf with rear center console access door.
    The ones I had weighed between 20 and 30 lbs depending on how wet they were. I grabbed some and put them on the scale. Most were pretty dry but the ones on the top of the pallet were more wet.

Still quite a bit of weight though.

Products Discussed in

To Top