Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Back window Shattered

Old 07-20-2011, 10:28 PM   #1
MMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant future
EMS:
Name: Michael
MMazz365's Tacoma Gallery
Back window Shattered

Well while transporting a power washer to my grandmothers, i apparently didnt tie it down well enough. the power washer flipped fowards and hit the driver side post in the back window and shattered the driver and middle part. after lots of cursing bec my baby was hurt, i called the dealer. they wanted 1300 $ for a new window... helll no.... after more cursing i called my insurance. for free, after 4 days without a back window (made my exhaust sound beastly in the cab) safelite came to my house and installed an aftermarket back window. im quite pleased with it. its different, but not very noticable. the only really noticable thing is the button for the rear window slider is different. im happy with it, and the only downfall was the wait. otherwise i didnt pay anything
Attached Thumbnails
Back window Shattered-imag0055.jpg   Back window Shattered-imag0056.jpg   Back window Shattered-imag0059.jpg   Back window Shattered-imag0062.jpg  
Old 07-20-2011, 10:31 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear what happened and just be glad no one was sitting in the back of the truck. Good to hear it all worked out though.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:45 PM   #3
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Glad that you got it replaced without cost, looks nice!

The only thing though is that aftermarket glass is way different than stock, not just in terms of "looking different". Most stock glass has UV filtering and is not wavy as some aftermarket ones are. Some are so wavy that it distorts the view as you look through them.

I found that out the hard way.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:49 PM   #4
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
Wait - by baby do you mean your truck or was a baby in the way of the glass

I'm glad you got it all fixed by your insurance!
Old 07-20-2011, 10:50 PM   #5
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
I woulda gotten 1 solid piece across the back
Old 07-21-2011, 07:28 AM   #6
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seminolepride991 View Post
I woulda gotten 1 solid piece across the back
I think I would have too. I have used the sliders only occasionally on all my trucks over the years, say when camping in the truck. But even then, I could have done without.
To me, its more of a security risk to be able to break into the little window to get into the truck...
Old 07-21-2011, 07:36 AM   #7
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
safelite is the way to go for that stuff. someone broke my rear window a few years ago and i got the safelite. the only issue is that after a few monts, the part that the latch on the slider hooks onto fell off. but after a piece of 3m doublesided foam tape, it'll be stronger thasn before. just a heads up in case it happens to you too.

and looks like you need one of these
Old 07-21-2011, 07:42 AM   #8
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zul View Post
Wait - by baby do you mean your truck or was a baby in the way of the glass

I'm glad you got it all fixed by your insurance!
x2 I was confused by that one.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #9
kystnTRD is on a distinguished road
kystnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to kystnTRD
I lost the rear window on my old tacoma to a power washer as well, bungee cord slipped out of my hand and shattered the drivers side section of glass. My insurance covered it luckily, the bill was a little over $1200 for an aftermarket window....ouch
Old 07-24-2011, 10:26 PM   #10
MMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant future
EMS:
Name: Michael
MMazz365's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kystnTRD View Post
I lost the rear window on my old tacoma to a power washer as well, bungee cord slipped out of my hand and shattered the drivers side section of glass. My insurance covered it luckily, the bill was a little over $1200 for an aftermarket window....ouch
damn that crazy. atleast insurance covered it