Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Getting Leaf TSP Replacement

Old 07-22-2011, 07:12 AM   #1
SilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
SilverTacoEater's Tacoma Gallery
Getting Leaf TSP Replacement

Well I took my truck in for the first oil change and tire rotation this morning. While there I told them my rear leafs were squeeking after 5000 miles and i asked them to fix the issue.

They just called me and told me my issue falls under the rear leaf TSB out for these trucks. They said they are putting new shocks and leaf pack in.... I thought that TSB just added a leaf in the rear, not replace my whole rear suspension

Im just glad to see Toyota stepping up and fixing the problem instead of trying to ignore it or pass blame on the customer.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:15 AM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The suspension TSB replaces the 3 leaf pack with a 4 leaf pack , they don't just add a leaf to your stock pack
Old 07-22-2011, 07:17 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
What OZ said.

I'm surprised, some people have had to argue to get the TSB pack in their truck, sounds like you had it easy!
Old 07-22-2011, 07:26 AM   #6
SilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The suspension TSB replaces the 3 leaf pack with a 4 leaf pack , they don't just add a leaf to your stock pack
This is kind of what i figured. They told me theyre replacing my shocks as well. They said its under the TSB? Mabe the guy didnt know what he was talking about.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
What OZ said.

I'm surprised, some people have had to argue to get the TSB pack in their truck, sounds like you had it easy!
Yea i just wanted them to grease my leafs up so they stopped that annoying ass squeek. Instead they just said i needed the TSB done.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #8
Quote:
And your squeak will be back

Garaunteed
If the squeek comes back ill have them continue to grease them up until my warranty expires. After that ill do the squeek fix.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #9
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTacoEater View Post
This is kind of what i figured. They told me theyre replacing my shocks as well. They said its under the TSB? Mabe the guy didnt know what he was talking about.
shocks are replaced on the non TRD models as part of the tsb.

I don't have any rear leaf squeeks on my 4 leaf pack. Didn't on the old saggy ones either.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #10
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
That's interesting that they want to replace your shocks on a 2011...My stealership said they would only replace the leaf pack...Hmm..

EDIT - Ah, you have a SR5.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:30 AM   #11
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTacoEater View Post
If the squeek comes back ill have them continue to grease them up until my warranty expires. After that ill do the squeek fix.
The shocks are upgraded on some models .

The squeaky leaf DIY thread on here will help your problem .

It's stickied in free mods
Old 07-22-2011, 07:33 AM   #12
Victoria2657 has a brilliant futureVictoria2657 has a brilliant futureVictoria2657 has a brilliant futureVictoria2657 has a brilliant futureVictoria2657 has a brilliant futureVictoria2657 has a brilliant futureVictoria2657 has a brilliant futureVictoria2657 has a brilliant futureVictoria2657 has a brilliant futureVictoria2657 has a brilliant futureVictoria2657 has a brilliant future

Name: Valentina
Victoria2657's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Victoria2657 Send a message via Skype™ to Victoria2657
I didn't even have to argue my case. I just told the dealership i thought my truck bottomed out carrying a load. My TSB was done a few days later after the parts came in. I love the 4 leaf pack! It lifted my truck a bit.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:37 AM   #13
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And your squeak will be back

Garaunteed
I never had a leaf pack squeek

I'm on my third one now also, 1 stock, 1 TSB pack and another TSB pack with an AAL and none of them squeek.

You're just mad cause you're dakars are making noise
Old 07-22-2011, 07:40 AM   #14
Quote:
I never had a leaf pack squeek

I'm on my third one now also, 1 stock, 1 TSB pack and another TSB pack with an AAL and none of them squeek.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

My Daks are silent now , I fixxed them

My point is , if the OP is in an area where the original pack squeaked ( rust ) the issue won't be permanently cured by changing leaf packs , it will just delay the squeak's return
Old 07-22-2011, 08:13 AM   #16

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My Daks are silent now , I fixxed them

My point is , if the OP is in an area where the original pack squeaked ( rust ) the issue won't be permanently cured by changing leaf packs , it will just delay the squeak's return
Just giving you shit, did you use the rubber insert method to silence the dakars?
Old 07-22-2011, 08:28 AM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just giving you shit, did you use the rubber insert method to silence the dakars?
A variation on that theme , yes

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho....php?p=3371352