Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What's the best 4" (2DIN) stereo receiver?

Old 07-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #21
shaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shane
shaneckc's Tacoma Gallery
The start up time on new pioneers is HORRENDOUS. I've had a few customers bring us these units that they bought online for us to install, and have been very unimpressed. Laggy operation, very cheaply made, and the start up time is probably close to about 45 seconds...

Truthfully, Pioneer really wants to be the CHEAPEST name in car stereo and they are definitely compromising quality to do so. The last good double din that they made was the AVIC D-3. I had one in my Tacoma for a few years and was very happy with it. (I still have it, it's in great shape, and its for sale )

$600 with BT module, XM module, iPod Cable, all parts, accessories, owners manual, whichever dash kit you like best, and I can get you whichever wiring harness you need for cheap.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:17 PM   #22
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
love my dpx

Old 07-24-2011, 06:18 PM   #23
lopezoscar03 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: 482nd FW Fire Depart.
Name: lopezoscar03@gmail.com
lopezoscar03's Tacoma Gallery
i just got my truck 2011 and i am debating to change to a aftermarket head unit. will this improve sound quality with the factory speakers?
Old 07-25-2011, 12:32 AM   #24
08TacomaOwner is on a distinguished road

08TacomaOwner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post
love my dpx

Thats really funny because Incubus is my favorite band. And I was looking at that SAME exact Kenwood head unit. I am leaning towards the Pioneer one though still. My last head unit was a pioneer and I had it for years with no problems and I enjoyed the features. It was a single din though.