Notices

Peeling out.

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
11Taco2.7 has a spectacular aura about11Taco2.7 has a spectacular aura about
11Taco2.7's Tacoma Gallery
Peeling out.

Hi all,

I would like to hear your guys thoughts on peeling out. How often do you do it in your Taco, how bad is it for certain parts like the differential, transmission, etc. I got my truck just recently, it has 800 miles on it, and I have only intentionally lost traction twice. Once while it was wet out I went to an empty parking lot, turned off the traction (held down the button for 5 seconds so i wasnt doing it in auto lsd mode, that would have been a disaster) and did a little donut, suprising it only took 1/4 throttle to break loose on a rainy day. The other time was in the same emty parking lot, completely dry though, turned off Traction, nailed it and turned to the right, causing the right wheel to break loose. I dont intend to peel out very often, I am too paranoid about one wheel having more or less tread than the other or messing up my diff, and the dealer noticing, and not give me my 2 years of free service. What are your guys thoughts on this topic.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery

Old 07-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
Live Fast, Die Young
superwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superwhite10's Tacoma Gallery
x2

Old 07-22-2011, 08:04 PM   #4
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
how often do i "peel out" in my tacoma? sir are you 12?

Old 07-22-2011, 08:04 PM   #5
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm

Old 07-22-2011, 08:05 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery

Old 07-22-2011, 08:05 PM   #8
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
http://youtu.be/vWYjcQjT0HE

Old 07-22-2011, 08:05 PM   #9
Live Fast, Die Young
superwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superwhite10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
how often do i "peel out" in my tacoma? sir are you 12?
duno when the last time i even heard the phrase "peel out"

Old 07-22-2011, 08:05 PM   #10
Boilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really nice

Name: Brian
Boilerman's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's stupid, plus you have to buy new tires after you wear them out prematurely.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:07 PM   #11
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Peel out all you want, just rotate them tires.

Bleach burnouts even better, that 2.7 can't break anything.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:07 PM   #12
wlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 72nd Security Forces, Tinker AFB
Name: William
wlmuncy's Tacoma Gallery
That was so great when I was 16. Now I am a grown man, and it's just stupid.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:11 PM   #13
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery

Old 07-22-2011, 08:12 PM   #14
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery

Old 07-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #15
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
because i'm somewhat nice and because you're about to get your ass handed to you i'll give you a straight answer.

spinning your tires isn't going to hurt anything..that's what your diff is for. if you hit the rev limiter, however, you will obviously put unnecessary wear on your engine. if you can't hold traction, you are either way too heavy on the throttle or your tires suck.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #16
say NO to BRO!
jedrovsky is on a distinguished road
jedrovsky's Tacoma Gallery
I constantly do it all the time!!

Old 07-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #17
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery

Old 07-22-2011, 08:14 PM   #18
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Dumb... only for immature teenage boys (or those who still act like one) who have no idea how to act like a man. A man controls his acceleration smoothly.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:14 PM   #19
Junebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Junebug McQuinn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Taco2.7 View Post
Hi all,

I would like to hear your guys thoughts on peeling out.
Act your age not your post count

Old 07-22-2011, 08:14 PM   #20
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
i use to love burning out when daddy bought my tires for me.....

Closed Thread