Notices

Side mirror not working

Old 07-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #1
Jaco46 is on a distinguished road
Jaco46's Tacoma Gallery
Side mirror not working

I have 05 tacoma prerunner.
Drivers side mirror motor doesn't work.
I took the switch apart but everything looked ok. I tried to pull the mirror off but I felt like I was going to break it. Has anybody else had trouble with this? Any ideas?
Old 07-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Does that passenger side one work? If so, then the problem is most likely in the mirror motor itself. Hold your ear close to the mirror when trying to operate it and see if you hear any noises. This can help determine if it's the mirror or the switch. I'm gonna take a guess at the mirror being the problem.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:08 PM   #3
Jaco46 is on a distinguished road
Jaco46's Tacoma Gallery
The passenger side works fine. I can't hear any noises from the mirror. Is the mirror clipped on? I'm not sure how to remove it without a hammer!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
It's bolted on from the inside. You need to remove the triangle shaped trim piece to access them, may have to remove the whole door panel, can't remember. 3 10mm nuts and 1 electrical connector. Pretty simple once you open it up and see. . Let me know how it turns out.

Edit: if you meant how to remove the glass only ive never done it on a Tacoma. Most mirrors just pop out with a little prying. Others are bolted on.