1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Beep Sound When Hitting Bumps?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacomtn, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Jul 25, 2011 at 4:15 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch, Sherpa Grand Teton/Crows nest, Baja Designs S8 light bar, Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro fog lights
    But the HAC wouldn't come on when going 30mph in 4H on a straight flat gravel road.

2. Jul 25, 2011 at 5:35 PM
    pmo

pmo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4x4, DC, 6 Speed Manual.
    beginning of the infamous spring squeak???

3. Jul 25, 2011 at 10:46 PM
    tacomtn

tacomtn [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR,OME,Deaver AAL
    So it seems I'm not the only one hearing things. I wouldn't think I'd be the only one with thousands of us here on TW.

Again, this is a beep, not a squeak. It's only happened so far when just cruising along on a straight road, hit a bump, not fast, I was not driving more than 30mph, no brakes applied. My truck is factory stock everything, 2011, 1100 miles on the clock. Just a very audible electronic "beep."

4. Jul 28, 2011 at 4:46 PM
    Bloom

Bloom Well-Known Member

Member:
    NASCAR, North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 BR DC TRD OR
    OME 885+Dakars, WeatherTech mats, EGR In Channel, PopNLock, Access LE, 3M tint and clear film paint protection, Sport grille, Amsoil, Zaino once in a while.
    Thanks for the info. Happened to me today when I hit a surprisingly deep hole full of water on this beach trail I was on. I'm like "WTF was that?!?" Never heard anything like that in my 1st gen and I thought I broke something.

Gotta admit, I'm starting to feel some seriously unnatural love for this new DCSB. Probably should look into a 12 step program or something at some point...but I don't want a cure!

5. Jul 28, 2011 at 10:29 PM
    tacomtn

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR,OME,Deaver AAL
    Yeah, sometimes it does seem like the ABS is engaging with a faint pedal pulsing+beep, and other times only the "beep" sounds off when hitting a bump.

Maybe it is the VSC then.

6. Sep 21, 2011 at 9:51 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    OK ,

we just got our first bit of real rain since the beginning of summer , and I was driving home from work and at a stop sign I wondered to myself " How slippery is the pavement ? "

So I intentionally goosed the throttle to get some wheel spin , when I did so , the VSC light came on and the very same electrical tone I was trying to describe before happened .

I am NOT referring to the beep beep beep that occurs sometimes with the VSC light coming on .

I replicated this condition a few more times with the same results , in a situation where there is slight wheel slip , I would get the VSC light and a constant , somewhat faint tone .

If I really gunned it and broke the rear end loose , I got the VSC light and the beep beep beep .

7. Sep 21, 2011 at 9:58 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I tried to capture the tone on my iphone vid a couple times but it is very faint and didn't pick up over the road noise etc in the cab

8. Sep 21, 2011 at 10:01 PM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    Thats the in-cab video camera recording you that your wife put in your truck cause she suspects your fooling around on her, its the battery alarm saying it needs to be recharged:D so dont worry about it:eek:

9. Sep 21, 2011 at 10:17 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    What's the chances the tone coincides with TRAC and the beep with VSC ?

10. Sep 23, 2011 at 2:19 AM
    tacomtn

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR,OME,Deaver AAL
    I heard the little beeps today. i was decelerating down a ramp, hit a small pothole, the beeps chimed and the brakes came on gently. I think that's the VSC engaging, braking to control a slide. Boy its a bit sensitive though.

11. Sep 23, 2011 at 7:23 AM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Beep beep beep and a pulse in the pedal similar to ABS ?

12. Sep 23, 2011 at 7:24 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    So glad I have an 07...

13. Nov 18, 2012 at 3:44 PM
    aphex

aphex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    11 DC TRD OR
    Undercover Classic Tonneau, EGR Aerowrap Bug Deflector, Consolevault Custom Safe, Britax Boulevard 70 Baby Seat!, Retro TRD Shift Knob, Factory Bed Mat, Rear Leaf TSB, 265/75-16 BFG All-Terrain KO's, KMC Enduro Wheels, Front Bilstein 5100's set @ 0" w/ Toytec/Eibach Springs, Rear 5100's, TRD Grille Emblem, OEM Roof Rack, AntennaX 14" Billet Antenna
    This exact thing happened to me for the first time ever on dry rural roads going maybe 30mph this afternoon. I was going downhill and around a slight turn when I hit a bump in the road. Tacoma beeped very faint, high pitched, electronic beep. It was a "beep beep beep" about as fast as you can say the words. Was going to ask about it on here but sounds like this thread points to VSC. Interesting.

Products Discussed in

To Top