Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

maintenance

Old 07-25-2011, 04:33 AM   #1
avelino is on a distinguished road
avelino's Tacoma Gallery
maintenance

What's up guys. Just want some opinions on what to get done first. Got a 05 v6 4x4 offroad. Bought it with 70k on it but didn't think to ask what has been done to it. I called the dealership and they said they have no idea. I got 130k on it now. So what do you guys think I should get dine first. You know plugs, transmission flush, coolant flush, differential? I change the oil myself with mobil 1 synthetic every 5k. Have been very happy with the truck and want to make sure I continue to be happy.
Thanks n advance for any input. Site is great
Mike
Old 07-25-2011, 04:55 AM   #2
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
F#4234 plastic wheel bearings ?
Old 07-25-2011, 05:00 AM   #3
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
do it.

except take the truck in for the trans fluid change.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:11 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Change the diff fluid, spark plugs, air filter, transfer case fluid and transmission flush. It sounds like those fluids have been in there for at least 60,000 miles, possible more.

Hopefully someone can chime in the coolant question, I'm not sure when you're supposed to flush the coolant.