Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Push Start or Remote Start?

Old 07-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #1
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Push Start or Remote Start?

I was contemplating doing this to my taco but im sure if its even possible or how much it will cost if it is. Comments would be appreciated
Old 07-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
a push button start is never going to look proper with out a ton of mods to your dash but, i like to kep it clean and as factory looking as possible maybe you feel different.

now a remote start is a great idea that can be done pretty easily. either do it your self or i would recommend a local automotive electronic shop with a good rep. try and stay away from best buy's the kids in the back are usually sniffing epoxy all day.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #3
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
a push button start is never going to look proper with out a ton of mods to your dash but, i like to kep it clean and as factory looking as possible maybe you feel different.

now a remote start is a great idea that can be done pretty easily. either do it your self or i would recommend a local automotive electronic shop with a good rep. try and stay away from best buy's the kids in the back are usually sniffing epoxy all day.
a button would look pretty funky. Remote start sounds realistic then. what kinda parts would i need and a estimate of the cost of the mod?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:41 AM   #4
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
You can get a cheapo remote start for like $50... Or you could spend ~$200 for a good Viper system and have some crazy range
Old 07-25-2011, 10:44 AM   #5
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Viper System? that sounds badass. would you be able to install it yourself?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #6
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Viper System? that sounds badass. would you be able to install it yourself?
Viper Alarms

With a little bit of knowledge about electrical, I don't see where a self-install would be out of the question
Old 07-25-2011, 03:10 PM   #7
Bookworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedBookworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedBookworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedBookworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedBookworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedBookworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedBookworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedBookworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedBookworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedBookworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedBookworm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Bookworm's Tacoma Gallery
I think it'd be pretty sick to have one of these to start the engine

hop in, pop the cover, flip the switch, VROOM
Old 07-25-2011, 03:14 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I smell rice.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:16 PM   #9
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
If I have the Dealer installed "Viper" Alarm system, will I have to switch the entire system to get the remote start system? Or would it be added to the installed system?
Old 07-25-2011, 03:23 PM   #10
Vivid Illumination

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I smell rice.
Nothing rice about remote start from the Android at -30 degrees...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
If I have the Dealer installed "Viper" Alarm system, will I have to switch the entire system to get the remote start system? Or would it be added to the installed system?
I am unfamiliar with the dealer installed security systems. I am going to take a shot in the dark and say that it would require a system swap, but I don't want to lead you astray. Don't take my word for it.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:23 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Nothing rice about remote start from the Android at -30 degrees...
I meant the push button start.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:25 PM   #12
Vivid Illumination

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I meant the push button start.
That is true
Old 07-25-2011, 03:27 PM   #13
timharty is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
timharty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post