Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lift Checklist

Old 07-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
Bradw3451 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brad Wrubel
Bradw3451's Tacoma Gallery
Lift Checklist

To be as up front as possible, I know nothing about lifts. I have read through about every lift inspired post on this website and have decided on the following:

OME Suspension Lift Kit, 885 Coils, Top Plate Spacers, Complete Rear OME CS047R Springs with U-Bolts and Light Racing Upper Control Arms

With that said, is there anything else that I should add? For that matter, would you change anything out?

To give you a little information, this will be my DD but I do fish and hunt so off road capabilities, although not "wheeling" are important.

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
What are you putting the lift on and what's already on it? (ie, double cab, access cab, is it armored, skids, plate bumper, winch, etc). That info would be useful.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:37 AM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
What are you putting the lift on and what's already on it? (ie, double cab, access cab, is it armored, skids, plate bumper, winch, etc). That info would be useful.

Haven t picked the truck up yet but it will be a 2007+ Double Cab Short Bed, no armor, plate bumper or winch. Maybe a pre-runner looking light bar up front.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:43 AM   #5
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradw3451 View Post
Haven t picked the truck up yet but it will be a 2007+ Double Cab Short Bed, no armor, plate bumper or winch. Maybe a pre-runner looking light bar up front.
Does the rear kit come with shocks, drive shaft spacer and shims? They may not be needed but they're good to have on hand if you develop vibes and they're relatively cheap if you buy them with the kit.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:46 AM   #6
Quote:
Does the rear kit come with shocks, drive shaft spacer and shims? They may not be needed but they're good to have on hand if you develop vibes and they're relatively cheap if you buy them with the kit.

No, it doesn't have those included but I will definitely pick them up. Thanks for the heads up!

My plan is to take the vehicle straight to get all of this installed the moment I pick it up.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
If you are installing the OME Dakar leaf pack , read this thread and get some centre pin collars and install them when you put in your leaf pack , cheap insurance in case you need to use the axle shims later

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho....php?p=2839336
Old 07-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #8
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradw3451 View Post
No, it doesn't have those included but I will definitely pick them up. Thanks for the heads up!

My plan is to take the vehicle straight to get all of this installed the moment I pick it up.
Install the OME CB drop ( fitting kit FK29 ) when you install your lift , wait on the diff drop
Old 07-25-2011, 12:16 PM   #9

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Install the OME CB drop ( fitting kit FK29 ) when you install your lift , wait on the diff drop
Did you put this on your truck? I bought the CB drop kit and haven't installed yet because it looked like it would make straighten out the shaft between the CB and diff, but create a new issue between the transfer case and CB

I'm assuming yours is working out well though?
Old 07-25-2011, 12:21 PM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did you put this on your truck? I bought the CB drop kit and haven't installed yet because it looked like it would make straighten out the shaft between the CB and diff, but create a new issue between the transfer case and CB

I'm assuming yours is working out well though?
Yes , I installed it with the lift .

I added no vibes by installing my lift .
Old 07-25-2011, 12:21 PM   #11

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Yes , I installed it with the lift .

I added no vibes by installing my lift .
Damn... I guess I should put that thing on. It's been sitting in my cup holder for months