Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

***LED INTERIOR LIGHTS, HID Headlights/Fog lights

Old 07-25-2011, 05:05 PM   #1
kungfupanda has a spectacular aura aboutkungfupanda has a spectacular aura aboutkungfupanda has a spectacular aura about

Navy: SEAL
kungfupanda's Tacoma Gallery
***LED INTERIOR LIGHTS, HID Headlights/Fog lights

Just got LED interior lights and HID Head/Fog. I went with yellow HID fog lights to be different, since everyone wants HID white. The interior lights are just like the lights in a 2010 Lexus. This is on a 2010 Double Cab Taco. Interior glows great! HID Lights are even and well distributed. High Beams are the regular light.

What you guys think? If you are interested and live in So Cal, I can refer you. There is a discount/group buy for 10 or more Tacomas. PM me if interested.
Just need to know what year is your taco.

I will post my LED reverse lights shortly.

Old 07-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
Phones Ringin Dude
SplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to behold

Name: Haywood Jablowme
SplitDecision's Tacoma Gallery
What do you mean "high beams are the regular light"?
Old 07-25-2011, 05:18 PM   #4
kungfupanda has a spectacular aura aboutkungfupanda has a spectacular aura aboutkungfupanda has a spectacular aura about

When you high beam, it is like the stock high beam color... the yellowish color...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitDecision View Post
What do you mean "high beams are the regular light"?
Old 07-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
What colour fog lights did you get? I just ordered 3k 35w for my fogs.
3K, and the color is a nice bright yellow. When you look at the Taco it seems white in color, but when they shine on the road or against a white garage door they are bright yellow...
Old 07-25-2011, 07:33 PM   #6
Boilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really nice

Name: Brian
Boilerman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfupanda View Post
When you high beam, it is like the stock high beam color... the yellowish color...
I don't see how a HID bulb will change color to a regular halogen bulb Also our headlights are a dual element bulb, you would have to install two bulbs into the headlight housing to get different colors.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:37 PM   #7
elblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant future

Name: Blake
elblako91's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerman View Post
I don't see how a HID bulb will change color to a regular halogen bulb Also our headlights are a dual element bulb, you would have to install two bulbs into the headlight housing to get different colors.
I agree do you have a special type of bulb that switches between HID and regular?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:41 PM   #8

Yes, exactly. It's a special type of bulb, not sure if it is new or not. Even just running the regular HID, there is no need for high beam, unless you are want to point at a higher specific point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elblako91 View Post
I agree do you have a special type of bulb that switches between HID and regular?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:45 PM   #9
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
wait so you have HID low beams and halogen high beams? last time i checked there was only room for one bulb? so wouldnt you need bixenon bulbs?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:47 PM   #10

Hard to explain, but it's two skinny bulbs that fit into stock hole with ballast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
wait so you have HID low beams and halogen high beams? last time i checked there was only room for one bulb? so wouldnt you need bixenon bulbs?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:49 PM   #11
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i had a set of those lights b4...its weird, when u have your low beams on, its hid but on the side of the hid bulb is a small halogen bulb that lights up when ur high beams are flipped on
Old 07-25-2011, 10:50 PM   #12

Here is a picture of the LED reverse lights... what a difference from the regular back up bulb, you can see more area with these LEDs!

Old 07-25-2011, 10:51 PM   #13
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here is a picture of the LED reverse lights... what a difference from the regular back up bulb, you can see more area with these LEDs!

really?? i had some bright leds on mine n i couldnt see crap thru my tint...i see better with the stockers
Old 07-25-2011, 11:18 PM   #14

You know how lighting goes, LED's come out with brighter and better ones all the time... China is putting in some work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
really?? i had some bright leds on mine n i couldnt see crap thru my tint...i see better with the stockers
Old 07-25-2011, 11:19 PM   #15
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You know how lighting goes, LED's come out with brighter and better ones all the time... China is putting in some work!
Ya true that
Old 07-25-2011, 11:21 PM   #16
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
i had a set of those lights b4...its weird, when u have your low beams on, its hid but on the side of the hid bulb is a small halogen bulb that lights up when ur high beams are flipped on
oh wait i know what you mean, i have these right now lmao but i accidently broke one high beam while pulling it out so now i wink at other trucks
Old 07-25-2011, 11:30 PM   #17
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oh wait i know what you mean, i have these right now lmao but i accidently broke one high beam while pulling it out so now i wink at other trucks
no homo right...
Old 07-25-2011, 11:37 PM   #18
Quote:
no homo right...
i had that typed but i deleted it thinking you wouldnt react
Old 07-26-2011, 12:49 AM   #19
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are you the one that has the "curious truck" ?