Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2005 Taco LED Gauge MOD!!!!

Old 08-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #21
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfce250 View Post
if you are thinking about doing this mod just remember the phasing and a few other things. when you look at your old leds you will notice one corner notched out. there is a reason for this. LEDs only work in one direction of. Change them out one by one and always look at the phasing. if you are new to soldering change out one at a time and check it to see if it works. just plug it in. the leds also run in series so if you didnt get a good connection/ phased wrong/ or bad led you will know.
good luck!!!
im glad you said that cause it is very important! I about fucked up by not paying attention to this
Old 08-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #23
Nolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nolazach's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by airfce250 View Post
Today i got the LEDs in to mod the gauges. I screwed up and bought the leds on ebay... I will never buy off there again. I was supposed to get 19 leds for the mod. I only got 13, i immediately messaged the sell and supposedly the correct amount are on the way after much deliberation. I HATE EBAY!!!

Not eBay's fault, you had a bad seller. I love eBay, but you just have to watch what you order and from where..