Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Key fob = all in one with key on EBAY

Old 07-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Key fob = all in one with key on EBAY

Has anyone tried this all in one key?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Old 07-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
As far as I know the only other Toyota key that works with the Tacoma is the Tundra key.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Looks interesting. I've been meaning to get another set of keys for my truck and I really like the all in one style. $70 is a lot of money to spend on something that might not work, however.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
UMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Nic
UMBCrew's Tacoma Gallery
I looked into used an FJ key/FOB and as far i could figure out the encryption is different so it wouldnt work.

I would love to know if anybody had figured out how to use an all in one fob like this or the FJ's
Old 07-27-2011, 04:28 PM   #5
AKA "06tacosport"
Lunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
Lunercrab's Tacoma Gallery
I have one of these for my corolla and I've been wishing I could get one for my taco to have less crap on my ring. Where do u get it cut? Does the dealer have to do that too?
Old 07-27-2011, 04:34 PM   #6
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i wish we had all in one keys. i had the big ass fob. the one on dads tundra is allot smaller!
Old 07-27-2011, 04:44 PM   #7
UMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of light

UMBCrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunercrab View Post
I have one of these for my corolla and I've been wishing I could get one for my taco to have less crap on my ring. Where do u get it cut? Does the dealer have to do that too?
so are you saying it might work? are the corolla and taco key fobs the same? and this sequioa all in one works in the corolla?
Old 07-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #8
myname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant future

myname150's Tacoma Gallery
Wait a second, well most of us have a factory immobilizer standard...sure, maybeee we can get the unlock/lock/panic functions to work in the all-in-one fob. but what about the Engine Immobilizer?
Old 07-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #9
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of the all-in-ones have both the door lock transponder AND the chip for the engine immobilizer. I think what the question here is if any late model Toyota chip key will work on any late model Toyota. It would have to get programmed at the dealer to get to work right. I spoke with the parts guy at the dealer today and he said it won't work.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #10
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wait a second, well most of us have a factory immobilizer standard...sure, maybeee we can get the unlock/lock/panic functions to work in the all-in-one fob. but what about the Engine Immobilizer?
That's why it has to be programmed by the dealer. The FCC ID has to match for the lock/unlock/panic functions to work.

I wanted an Acura switchblade key for my Accord but for some reason Honda changed the FCC ID numbers that they used on the sedan which was different than the coupe. The coupe matched the FCC ID for a TSX.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #11

UMBCrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
A lot of the all-in-ones have both the door lock transponder AND the chip for the engine immobilizer. I think what the question here is if any late model Toyota chip key will work on any late model Toyota. It would have to get programmed at the dealer to get to work right. I spoke with the parts guy at the dealer today and he said it won't work.
i know not ANY key will work because like i said i looked it up for the FJ key and the encryption is different i think it was 64 bit on the tacoma and 128 bit on the FJ. I think the camry might use the same 64 bit. the question then is, Is there another key model besides the tacoma that will work that also has and all in one fob.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:20 PM   #12
myname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant future

myname150's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
That's why it has to be programmed by the dealer. The FCC ID has to match for the lock/unlock/panic functions to work.

I wanted an Acura switchblade key for my Accord but for some reason Honda changed the FCC ID numbers that they used on the sedan which was different than the coupe. The coupe matched the FCC ID for a TSX.
Lol well then yall, in that case, wouldn't it be easier to just buy a new all in one key from the dealership and ask them to program it?
Old 08-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #14
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by asolo View Post
Anyone find an answer to this question? I'm dying to know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
As far as I know the only other Toyota key that works with the Tacoma is the Tundra key.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:45 PM   #15
avengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Kevin
avengedkevinfold's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to resurrect this thread. There must be SOME way to get the all in one unit to work. Is there anybody that knows someone at toyota that is a security expert?