1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hill Assist Control????

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 2wheelnut, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Jul 27, 2011 at 3:57 PM
    2wheelnut

2wheelnut [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angelo
    Vallejo, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 S/C K.I.S.S. "Factory Enhanced" DC TRD OR
    TRD Supercharger, TRD First Gen CAI, TRD FJ Alloy, Toyo OC A/T II 265/75/16, 5100's Front and Rear, OME 885x with 1/4 taco lean spacer, Toytec AAL 1.5" non TSB. TSB not done. WheatherTech Side Window Deflector, Satoshi Grill, T Rex Eyelids, Matt123 Skid Black stamped, Modded Maglite with Maglite mod for driver seat, Bed extender. Full debadging
    Hey guys, first post, first Tacoma... just bought it last weekend and when my wife wanted to give the truck a go I pulled over on a steep hill (paved) and parked it. She hops in gets settled in, puts it in Drive and nothing. She tries again and the truck starts making clicking noises. Tries one more time and everything works like normal...

Truck is an '11 TRD Off Road... Sorry if thats a stupid question or one that has already been asked. Thanks.

2. Jul 27, 2011 at 3:59 PM
    tacokid09

tacokid09 it's about the off-road miles

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian aka B-Lang
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra
    was the E-Brake on? you couldve heard the clicking from that.

3. Jul 27, 2011 at 4:09 PM
    GSRON

GSRON Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Northern CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR Cement
    Quikfix seat risers and lic plate mount, MESO interior and stage 1 tails, glove box and console dividers, shelf for center console, FACTOR 55 hitch link, TC bed stiffeners, OE bed mat,
    ABS, traction control, park assist, proximity sensors and now hill decent control..... Electronic nannies allowing the unskilled to drive since.......

Sounds like a button got pushed somewhere during the driver swap...

4. Jul 27, 2011 at 4:19 PM
    2wheelnut

2wheelnut [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angelo
    Vallejo, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 S/C K.I.S.S. "Factory Enhanced" DC TRD OR
    TRD Supercharger, TRD First Gen CAI, TRD FJ Alloy, Toyo OC A/T II 265/75/16, 5100's Front and Rear, OME 885x with 1/4 taco lean spacer, Toytec AAL 1.5" non TSB. TSB not done. WheatherTech Side Window Deflector, Satoshi Grill, T Rex Eyelids, Matt123 Skid Black stamped, Modded Maglite with Maglite mod for driver seat, Bed extender. Full debadging
    Thanks y'all, just felt bad since I gave her a look and was like 'you broke it!' lol

5. Jul 27, 2011 at 4:22 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

I was never a big fan of the DAC until our 4th of July trip. Now I *really* like it. It's easier on my brakes and tranny that I can ever be.

But I agree...these systems are nice to have even for skilled drivers.

Products Discussed in

To Top