Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Could you plastidip your whole interior?

View Poll Results: painting interior
duplicolor vinyl & fabric paint 11 16.67%
VHT SP942 Vinyl Dye Black Satin Can 0 0%
Plastidip 9 13.64%
Dont even bother 46 69.70%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2011, 09:48 PM   #21
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus View Post
hate to say it but if no pic then it must be a lie.....lol.... show and tell
I was expecting this lol. Ill have to try and get my sister's camera... my mother has ninja stealed my 2 cameras... and has probably broken them both...

Unless a crappy phone pic works... in which case I can get it as soon as daylight comes.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:49 PM   #22
jesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud of

jesusc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Because the next thread this guy makes will be:

Why does my plasti-dip keep rubbing off?
Old 07-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #23
jesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud of

jesusc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Liquid I View Post
^ What they said. Plasti Dip will peel very fast in the interior with all the touching you will do to it.

I used this: Duplicolor Vinyl Flat Black

I love how it looks.

Also, clean very well your interior parts. I disassembled my whole interior and washed heavily all the parts. Then lightly sand them with very fine sanding paper. Then, even though the paint says it has a lot of adhesion promoter, apply adhesion promoter to all the parts and be generous with it.

After it has dried well, apply the paint. Any other flat black paint might work, but my experience with duplicolor was good. I personally applied about 8 light coats.

This car is my daily driver I am pretty careless with my boots while I am driving. Even though I keep "scratching" the panels below, the paint has held up great and no scratches show.

Hope this helps.

Complete black interior FTMFW!
any pics??
Old 07-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #24
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmmm. Well, perhaps mine is not as bad because I have 30% tint all around. Maybe it keeps it cool enough. Apart from that, I don't know. Temperatures here are like 90 to 105 when its not raining.

As for the steering wheel, its already black. The paint matched the OEM black trim perfectly. I do plan on getting a leather stitched grip for the wheel though. Right now it has one of those $10 crap perforated PVC covers. Looks nice though. Hahahaha!
I have 20% lol....
Old 07-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #25
Rashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rashnu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seminolepride991 View Post
I have 20% lol....
Mine are plasti-dipped....
Old 07-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #26
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashnu View Post
Mine are plasti-dipped....
me jelly
Old 07-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #27

jesusc's Tacoma Gallery
just wondering. i havent personally used plastidip but all i here on here is how tough and all this good stuff about figured why wouldnt it work on the interior... its not gonna get as big of a beating as wheels
Old 07-27-2011, 09:59 PM   #28
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusc View Post
just wondering. i havent personally used plastidip but all i here on here is how tough and all this good stuff about figured why wouldnt it work on the interior... its not gonna get as big of a beating as wheels
The arm rest will not last. Wheels aren't constantly being in contact with something.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:00 PM   #29
jesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to behold

Name: jesus
jesus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was expecting this lol. Ill have to try and get my sister's camera... my mother has ninja stealed my 2 cameras... and has probably broken them both...

Unless a crappy phone pic works... in which case I can get it as soon as daylight comes.

sun light:conf used:
what kind of w member are ya dont ya have a kick ass flashlight ready to go at all times....
Old 07-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #30
BUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: KC-135A/R Crew Chief NKAWTG
BUZZCUT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How would plastidiping ur interior hold up of course not seats, carpet, etc.

Do it and let the forum know how it went. Post pics
Old 07-27-2011, 10:05 PM   #31
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus View Post
sun light:conf used:
what kind of w member are ya dont ya have a kick ass flashlight ready to go at all times....
Lol. It aint the flashlight, its the crappy cellphone camera. I went and tried to take a pic right now. Nothing shows, just a black void. Guess ill have to wait till tommorrow.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:09 PM   #32
Rashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rashnu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lol. It aint the flashlight, its the crappy cellphone camera. I went and tried to take a pic right now. Nothing shows, just a black void. Guess ill have to wait till tommorrow.
Use the flashlight to light up the area before taking a pic?
Old 07-27-2011, 10:32 PM   #33

jesusc's Tacoma Gallery
im debating duplicolor vinyl & fabric paint or VHT SP942 Vinyl Dye Black Satin Can
Old 07-27-2011, 10:56 PM   #34
Because I can
JoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Joe
JoeRags27's Tacoma Gallery
It will be hard to change once you paint it if you dont like it...thats what plasti dip is for....dont like it? peel it off...paint, ahhh not so much
Old 07-27-2011, 10:56 PM   #35
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
what exactly are you trying to paint?
Old 07-27-2011, 11:34 PM   #36
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolson View Post
I opened this thread and expected to see a large trolling face.....
Old 07-27-2011, 11:41 PM   #37
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im debating duplicolor vinyl & fabric paint or VHT SP942 Vinyl Dye Black Satin Can
I used plastidip and now hate it. My buddy dyed the carpet in his 4runner balck and the seats.... he sold it cause of how badly it turned out. He did the same with his mustang and tried to paint the interior black and white.... he ruined that car to and sold it.

If you are going to paint prep the hell out of it and use adheasion promoter as stated above and lots of coats, and I would use clear coat to.

Let us know how it goes.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:00 AM   #38
Because I can
JoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to behold

Why the fuck would you dye factory carpet....if anything get new carpet dif color....and also why dont you just take off your plastidip and clean it
Old 07-28-2011, 12:01 AM   #39
Because I can

clean the interior parts that is
Old 07-28-2011, 12:01 AM   #40
Because I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
what exactly are you trying to paint?
He wants to do the interior i think like cupholders/moldings/dash maybe/door panels i guess but no carpet or seat fabric